Redy brown extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenrose

Reaction score
Im not a proper hair geek, just do extensions.
I currently use lush us as a supplier but I had a girl today who had a redy tint to her hair, its a permanent she got at the hairdressers so shouldnt fade too much. But I didnt have a color match for her hair. She said it was either a 08 or a 80 that was put on. The 8 I have on my color ring was a light brown
Is there any other good hair suppliers where I could get a color ring from with hopefully some redy browns? Or is it a case of getting a diff shade and dying them?
Thanks!

That is because an 8 in extension is very different to an 8 in colour. It is a different coding system.

On this forum we cannot give colour advice to non professionals.

We bang on about it all the time but this is why non hairdressers should leave hair extensions alone.

I wouldnt color the extensions I would get the hairdresser to do it as I work out of a salon. I would prefer not to do it this way as color might not turn out or the hair doesnt feel the same
What hair company can I use to hopefully get redy brown hair?

Most hair extensions have to be coloured to match. This is the very reason you need to be a hairdresser to do extensions. They very rarely (in my experience) come perfectly matched.

If if the client had her hair done at a salon, it will not guarantee that there will be no fade. Reds are notorious for fade. Any hairdresser can tell you this.

Most extension companies have the same colour pallet, so it is not the case of just recommending a different one. If you are serious about making hair ext. your business then train as a hairdresser to troubleshoot these sort of problems. :)

Latest posts

Back