Refunds,complaints and how you dealt with it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyw

Reaction score
Hi

I've seen a few threads about clients complaining and looking refunds and thought i would start this thread where everyone could leave a post about their experiences with these sorts of things and how they dealt with them.

We could all learn from them or even just share experiences....
(eg. how you cover yourself to make sure it doesnt happen or advice you give etc etc)

All treatments included in this by they way!!!
xxxx

Fortunately, I've never had a client looking for a refund. If I did, I would perhaps offer them another service instead. If I have an unhappy client, I will do everything I can to make them feel better. I don't get many complaints so I don't think I would be taken advantage of. I find that clients appreciate good customer service. I also try to give a first class services and make sure that the clients expectations of the treatment are realistic so that there is little room for complaint.

I always emphasise to my clients that I welcome any kind of feedback, particularly if it is negative. If I am doing something wrong, I want to know about it.

Great thread!

We offer a guarantee for all our treatments. They vary
in timescale depending in the treatment.

We rarely get anyone using it, but if we do then it's dealt with according to the terms
if the guarantee.

For example, nails: one week regardless of fault. This has built
us huge customer loyalty. But after the one week , we impose a charge.
We don't offer a refund, just a promise to sort out any problems.

We are never swamped, hardly ever have cause to use it, but it's there to use.

Complaints that are dealt with outside of the guarantee are each dealt on their own merit.

It's an unusual method but we set ourselves apart from our competitors by offering it . Competition is huge in our area.

Tigi

Hi, Ive just started renting a room about a month ago and so far so good...no complaints or problems (hope I haven't jinxed myself by saying that) but I do sometimes think it is hard to decide which problems I would charge to fix and which I shouldn't charge for. I read a thread earlier in the week about this kind of thing and there was an example of how a dentist would deal with a filling coming out because you chewed on a toffee.....obviously they would charge you to fix it. It really helped me see things in a different way, Ill try and find the thread.

Lauren

So typical, I cant find the thread....

Thankfully I've only had one client who kicked up a fuss, she was really rude to our junior which I didn't appreciate!! There was nothing wrong with her service, she was just trying her luck! The thing that works for me is to stay polite and helpful... it usually works a treat x

Latest posts

Back