Registering my business...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Hi geeks i'm in need of some help.

Do I need to register my business name? I am wondering this after a chat with my friend , who seems to think this is important. He says that if someone has the same name as me then they could take me to court for loss of earnings????
If this is the case then where is the best place to register it? :rolleyes:

Thank's xxx

I seem to remember you only have to register the name if you are a limited company, not if you are a sole trader - but you might want to check on that!

Martin is right, as a sole trader you don't have to register. However, you still need to check that you aren't using the same name as a limited company! hth

I dont think so, I never have and im just a sole trader.

The amount of beauty businesses I see all called Beauty4u in my area is unbelievable.

The only thing i suggest you have to worry about is if you have a name you think someone may try and use to pass off as you. I don't believe you have to register your name if you are a sole trader - i trade under ltd companies and the name of these has to be unique, but i don't have to trade under the company name. What you can do if you are concerned is mail youself a sealed envelope signing over the seal and ensuring it gets a date stamp. In the envelope you should write a letter stating you are claiming the name of 'bforbeauty' then if ever there were an issue you can always prove who claimed the name first. This saves any expensive solicitors fees etc.

Im sore your fine if your company is a sole trader.. hth

Latest posts

Back