Regular client losing lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat-Nat

Reaction score
I am stumped and wonder if anyone can help me? I have been lashing for almost 3 years and feel I am a at a good standard! I have a client who has been having lashes for about 18 months with no problems however 3 apts ago she had to cancel due to childcare problems and when I went back she needed a full set. I did this on the Friday evening and on the Monday she said she had lost a lot already, I went back and infilled early last Friday and today she has emailed me to say one eye has gone completely and the other nearly all gone! I physically couldnt fit one more lash on, my glue is in date and I used a primer! Plus there are other clients that this has not happened too! She says she isnt using any different products and she follows aftercare strictly, after all she has been having them for so long!

Can anyone think of anything else this could be? She's a lovely client and I would like to help and keep her! :Love:

Is she pregnant or started taking HRT or ANY different meds or products? I know you said she hasnt, but anything could be reacting.

It literally could be that she has built up a reaction as this can just suddenly happen unfortunately.
x

She's not having a reaction though she's just loosing them! I've gone through anything different with her she may have used or taken and there's nothing new. We're both really stumped! :(

Sorry yes, I replied wrongly :)

If she is just loosing them without her natural lashes (i.e. she is not pulling them out), then something has to be coming into contact with them and breaking the glue bond - an oily product, especially seeming as you say your glue is in date, as that would have been the next thing to look at.
x

Thanks, yes the glue is not out of date and other people aren't loosing theirs like this or so quick!! It must be something breaking it down I'm so baffled!!! Thank you for taking the time to reply xx

Don't have much help, but I do a fair few sets of lashes, and we have quite a few regulars come in for infills where they last well, but I have one client who just cannot keep them on. She lost a full set in under a week. I have just come to the conclusion that lashes aren't for her.

Your lady may have changed something in the time and just cannot place what. I know my clients says she sleeps on her front, so she put it down to that, but I just think she has 'something' that stops them adhering!

Sorry - not much help x

No it was as at least I know it's not just me it's happening to! Lol! That's all I can think of that its something new shes used!

I'm going to get a new bottle of glue just in case and do them again and if that still does nothing I can rest easy knowing I've done all I can!! X

What primer are you using?

Eyelash emporium say not to use primers as the glue won't stick if the lashes are damp. This is because lashes expand with the water and then shrink.

I personally use a primer from lash perfect. Always will always have but you do need to wait for the lashes to dry.

I know you have said no one else has a problem but her lashes might be super absorbent. It's just a thought.

I too use lash perfect and agree their primer is brilliant. And after I prime the lashes I always dry them thoroughly with the air blower for a good minute each eye... Are you making sure they are dry also before applying lashes? Just a wee suggestion? :) it's very annoying g when things go wrong with lashes.... A lot of strict after care needs followed so sometimes u can beat yourself up wondering what's wrong when it could b the client all along. Xx

Thanks ladies, yes I prime then I leave to dry whilst I'm getting out my lashes, put glue in glue ring etc. if it was that the surely it would be happening to all clients too rather than just this one?

Not always. Depends on the person.
It could even be her eyeliner you never know. Or her eye cream etc ... People arnt great at common sense sometimes.

Don't stress!

Latest posts

Back