Remind me not to treat my mates again

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellebelle

Reaction score
:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:
This is me right now ^

A friend has posted a chipped shellac thumb on facebook and tagged me:eek:

Hasn't contacted me about it, hasn't said what she was doing at the time, hasn't said I did hands and feet Rockstar for £35 and free 1hr removal of god knows what disgusting gel product that was on her nails before, just "oh no!" and my name. Nice one , thanks for that.

I know I need to rise above it, but why do people especially "friends" do this?

Untag yourself from the picture immediately and send her a message asking her to remove the post. Mates, godda love em :lol:

I hear you sugar. I had a friend who stopped paying for fills. Finally I had enough and refused to do them anymore. Well she is a nail biter and a party girl and smoker, there for she is soso hard on her nails. She even had the nerve to tell people im her personal assistant and stylist. What the heck :eek:
So she texted me wanting a fill after 3 weeks she said they were ugly, lifting and falling off. We had read on facebook she had been partying once again. So I straight up refused. She said she had the money, I refused again. I told her she could come for a consiltation just like everyone else and have the money on the table before hand. She said she couldnt afford the fills anymore and wanted a free removal. I straight up told her no.

She went and posted a pic of her 3 week old drunk, smoked on, bitten nails with a nasty comment. ( I dont go on fb but my sisters do, the told me)

Guess she thought I hadnt seen, now she has relized how expensive press on nails and other people are and she wants them done again...the nerve of some people.
:hug:
People are crazy, the only people now I give discounts to are my family, and one friend who likes to get her toes done every few months. I have had to learn the hard way too :(

Right I was just about calming down when I asked hubby if he thought it was out of order he said no:eek: :evil::evil::evil: again! Raaaaaahhhhhhhh!! I'm losing the plot now!!,

On another note I've untagged and asked how it was done and got a good reason so all is good but I'm still a but peeved!

People take the p**s! Especially friends!
I just had a friend annoy the hell outta me. She was going to a wedding on the the sat, she asked me 5 weeks ago to do her make up for the wedding and I said I've actually got plans to visit family at home (we recently moved away) but she begged so I changed my plans.... She also said she wanted a mani and tan in the run up to the wedding so I agreed. She is notoriously tight wastes her cash on fags and takeaways, it got to the Wednesday and she said she can't afford the tan n nails, surprise surprise but I thought ok whatever. Then on Fri she text saying how much are u gonna charge me for make up and I said I'll do it for £10 (mug I know) and she said oh, I can't afford it I'll have to leave it! She then got a non beautician mate to do it for free. Fuming ain't the word! It's not the money its the fact I changed my plans!
Sorry for hijacking but it's given me some therapy to vent lol
*hugs* x

Sent from my GT-S5363 using Tapatalk 2

What was her reasoning for doing that versus talking to you directly? You said she gave a reason, i'm intrigued? It seems really catty to do something like that. :mad:

People take the p**s! Especially friends!
I just had a friend annoy the hell outta me. She was going to a wedding on the the sat, she asked me 5 weeks ago to do her make up for the wedding and I said I've actually got plans to visit family at home (we recently moved away) but she begged so I changed my plans.... She also said she wanted a mani and tan in the run up to the wedding so I agreed. She is notoriously tight wastes her cash on fags and takeaways, it got to the Wednesday and she said she can't afford the tan n nails, surprise surprise but I thought ok whatever. Then on Fri she text saying how much are u gonna charge me for make up and I said I'll do it for £10 (mug I know) and she said oh, I can't afford it I'll have to leave it! She then got a non beautician mate to do it for free. Fuming ain't the word! It's not the money its the fact I changed my plans!
Sorry for hijacking but it's given me some therapy to vent lol
*hugs* x

Sent from my GT-S5363 using Tapatalk 2

You have every right to be mad! GR!

She gave a reason of catching in when giving someone a box, because I asked and only cos I asked, I thought this was the best way of handling it let the world see that there has to be a reason for shellac chipping after a week, but yes it does seem catty especially when she can come right up and show me face to face tomorrow!

I did a tan on my friend and she put on Facebook the next day "omg I've been tangoed" so I got in touch I was so upset thinking what have I done....she said oh no the tan is lovely I was just joking! Well it's not funny!

I did a tan on my friend and she put on Facebook the next day "omg I've been tangoed" so I got in touch I was so upset thinking what have I done....she said oh no the tan is lovely I was just joking! Well it's not funny!

Omg that's well bad! I'd be so upset! I really don't think people think before they do these things! :smack:

I would untag myself too and be a bit annoyed BUT do you really think there was anything malicious behind it? I personally don't I think that people don't think that it could effect your business and are too quick to post stuff like that on Facebook than send a quick pic via text message. Just have a quiet word.

Once a friend posted done crappy salons special offer on my page lol she shared it with everyone and I was fuming u just commented under it saying can you delete this crap off my wall as they are direct competition and crap and this isn't business page. She apologised and said she hadn't realised or thought about it and just thought she would share a good deal incase I wanted a pamper lol

People don't see the world the sane sometimes

I can see where you are all coming from in a business sense but I do think you are all looking at this from a tech viewpoint and not as just a mate.

What I mean is: the pic was posted and 'oh no *tagged name*'

This to me is a friend saying 'oh no look what I have done' and posting the pic to show me - not a friend thinking about how it will look on my business I know but I have friends who would post a pic of a disastrous haircut or a colour gone wrong and they would tag me in it (I would not have done either the haircut or the colour) but I would laugh/be shocked/etc.. at that pic.

Mates do not always think like we do because it's not their business to have to worry, I do send many a PM asking for friends to consider how they post and respond on my work facebook but they do need reminding as it is not second nature to them to think how it might look to a potential client, they just want you to see what they did etc..

Give your friend a PM and explain the situation and I am sure you will find she didn't even think about the possible negative side of her post.

I thought about that afterwards too BaggyBear. A lightbulb went off and I was thinking.."what if she was showing you because she did something silly and chipped it"

I, too, was completely thinking about the negative!

I would untag myself too and be a bit annoyed BUT do you really think there was anything malicious behind it? I personally don't I think that people don't think that it could effect your business and are too quick to post stuff like that on Facebook than send a quick pic via text message. Just have a quiet word.

Once a friend posted done crappy salons special offer on my page lol she shared it with everyone and I was fuming u just commented under it saying can you delete this crap off my wall as they are direct competition and crap and this isn't business page. She apologised and said she hadn't realised or thought about it and just thought she would share a good deal incase I wanted a pamper lol

People don't see the world the sane sometimes

Now I've calmed down no I don't think it was malicious I don't think she's like that and probably thought she was being funny posting something shed just done when I gave her the 3rd degree on aftercare :rolleyes:

My mind always goes to the negative side of things. I have to stop doing that! lol.

Latest posts

Back