Removing Acrylic Enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative Cal

Reaction score
HELP!!!

I am having trouble removing acrylic nail enhancements in a suitable time frame....actually the last ones took about an hour and 15 monutes...eeek!

I have a client tonight who has her nails done in a salon and isnt happy so she wants me to soak them off then do a set with my creative stuff!

As I only recently completed my training a full set of nails is taking me about 2 and a bit hours so I dont really want to spend a further hour and 15 minutes taking nails off

I have heard people mention using foils...what is that method????? And is it quicker!!!

Thanks

xxxx

Get foil, tin foil will do,but better to get hairdressers foil from the wholesaler as it is stronger.

Take down the length if suitable,then file the top of the enhancement. Half a cotton woolball, dip in product remover,and put on top of the nail. Wrap the finger in the foil.

Keep the hands warm by wrapping in a towel, or better still put a hot water bottle or something similar under them as this helps speed up the time.

Be pateint and when you think they mght be ready, take one foil of at a time and use your usual method of removing the product, like with an orange stick. You may be lucky and the whole product just slides off.

Rewrap if all the product hasn't been removed, rewetting the cotton ball if needed.

HTH xx

Oh, and it is quicker x

i dont know about foils being quicker, but this is what i do...(just did this the other night actually)

put acetone in bowl, and use inside another bowl with hot water to warm acetone. use a hand towel over the bowl and hands while soaking. to help the soaking time file off about 75-90% of product so that there is a fine layer of prduct (goes quick if you know how to use an efile, if not use a 100 grit file) then soak for about 15-20 minutes, should come right off, buff nails after to get rid of any tiny amounts without damaging nails.

the whole process took me about 30 minutes this way, if she has tips you may need to soak a second time for 10 minutes to loosen the adhesive to remove the tip.

hope this helps you out a bit. good luck.

Foils are quicker, as long as you do the proper file down of the product. I can get a set off in about 20 minutes that way.

Using the warmed acetone works too, just put some cuticle oil in there so you don't dry out the surrounding skin.....that usually takes about 30 minutes (I don't use an efile)

:)

Thanks for all your advice, as a new technician I really appreciate any advice, and I am loving this site...dont know what I would do without it!!!
xxx

The foil method also lets the client move about a bit, etc, and is also good if you just need to soak off one or two nails xx

I am with the others on this one, so good advise has been given to you.

However I am going to go out on a limb here and say - does she really need to have the enhancements soaked off??

How about giving them a really good filing down(thin out all over), perfect the form and continue with your rebalance (remember to use smaller beads so that you do not create mountains).

I am with the others on this one, so good advise has been given to you.

However I am going to go out on a limb here and say - does she really need to have the enhancements soaked off??

How about giving them a really good filing down(thin out all over), perfect the form and continue with your rebalance (remember to use smaller beads so that you do not create mountains).

I wasnt sure if this would work as she had had a set of white tips put on with just pink acrylic put over...so wasnt sure what would happen ...whether my white liquid and powder would actually bond to it or not? I actually soaked them off and gave her a fresh set, but woudl be useful to know for the future....
xx

Please help me lol

I have used the foil method to remove my acrylic extensions and my thumb nail won't budge!!!!!!!! i have been having a go at it for about 2 hours and its stuck fast to my nail plate. What can i do to remove it?

thanks xxx

I was taught the tin foil method too which i find really tricky on myself so i bit the bullet and bought one of those Easy Soak nail bath thingies (NSI are doing them for £10 off RRP) and i have to say that within 20 mins the enhancements i had on - which were quite thick as i was trying The Edge version of Popits - were off. I had my reservations with the hype about these but i have to say i was really impressed with the results.

I wasnt sure if this would work as she had had a set of white tips put on with just pink acrylic put over...so wasnt sure what would happen ...whether my white liquid and powder would actually bond to it or not? I actually soaked them off and gave her a fresh set, but woudl be useful to know for the future....
xx

I would still thin them down and apply my l&p white powder and Pink Powder over the top.
HTH
p.s if the white tips have been placed horrendously way down the nail plate, then you will have to make the decision to let them grow out or soak and fill.

Hi all

I have been a nail tech for a long time and used all sorts...thank god someone invented the easysoak...

I am now removing full sets and getting them prepd ready for new set in 22 mins!!!!!!

Fantastic ....wish had come out long time ago, would have saved me a lot of money in time and product.

hope this helps....I would not be without mine now ...ever!!!!!! LOL

xxx

i was trained to use foils and found it useless and time consuming
instead i fill a small bowl with acetone or those seperate finger soakers after 2mins i scrape off acrylic with cuticle dual tool and then file it down and do that till it comes off when i was doing it the foil way it was taking 40minutes for one nail now it takes 5mins!!

Hi

I was also having trouble removing nail extensions so i went and brought the easy soak for Sweet squared which is so cool and i can now remove a set within 20-30 mins happy day:lol:

Hi,

I used to use the bowl method, but I found that too much product was being wasted, so I made a switch to the finger soakers, and they have worked a treat!

Could I ask a really silly question? what are finger soakers and how do they work? I was only taught the tin foil method. It took me nearly 2 hours to remove my own nails last night. I can't see any client sitting with me for that amount of time lol

xxxx

I have tried both methods and now have a soak bath and it is great also bought from NSI.

I would say you did the right thing by soaking them off. IMO unless you knew the brand of acrylic that was previously used if the same as yours you could go and do a rebalance. If unsure best start from scratch as you may have gotten problems.

Bec.

Latest posts

Back