Removing colour build up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunflower19

Reaction score
Hi I have a client who has a base 6/7 roots in the shade of a rb goldwell topchic but her ends are more dense and flat what would anyone suggest the best way to try and remove some of the build up? my mind has gone blank! I've started to over think it and now stressing about it any advice would be appreciated.

Just use a colour reducer then see what it leaves behind.

Ok, I've never used a colour reducer before, I've used a colour remover plentynof times what's the difference? do you know what the best one I should look for?
Thank you.

Ok, I've never used a colour reducer before, I've used a colour remover plentynof times what's the difference? do you know what the best one I should look for?
Thank you.
It's the same thing, just different terminology. Colour reducer is technically the correct term becaue it works by reducing the size of the artificial colour molecule allowing it to be rinsed away. Unless you're referring to a bleach based remover like 'Effasor' then that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Check out the thread that @AcidPerm created in the Hair section "colour reducers versus colour stripper"
It's explained in more detail :)

Thank you for your help, I have a colour remover that I was thinking about using before I asked here, sometimes I self doubt myself on what the best way to go about certain things are.

Thank you for your help, I have a colour remover that I was thinking about using before I asked here, sometimes I self doubt myself on what the best way to go about certain things are.
We all do it! It's always better to get a second opinion if you're unsure :) Good Luck :p

Latest posts

Back