Removing enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails Plus

Nails Plus
Reaction score
Which one of the creative product removers is best for removing all gel polish including Shellac

I use CND Nourishing Remover :) removes Shellac in 8 minutes and have moisturising properties :) its amazing! Smells like cucumbers too x

Nourishing remover for me too.

Nourishing Remover is great...for removing Shellac and L&P
You would think then it would be great for removing everything?
Personally I think it adds time to my Gelish removal therefore I still use Gelish Remover.

Horses for Courses!

The title of your thread and the question you ask refer to two different things..

CND (Creative) only make one remover, CND Nourishing Remover - it's ideal for removing all of CND's removable products;
Liquid & Powder
Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel
Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel
CND Shellac
Vinylux

CND used to have a product called CND Remove, but it's long out of production.

To remove other brands of gel polish I would recommend pure acetone, time and patience. If a client wants to come to me to have a product removed from their nails that was not applied by me I would advise them it could take up to an hour and would charge the same price I would for a full CND Shellac service. If I applied the product they want removed I would never charge for removal.

To remove other brands of gel polish I would recommend pure acetone, time and patience.

This comment is unfair. You are suggesting other brands of gel polish take much longer and need pure acetone for removal.

As a NH Gelish user I use their own Soak Off Remover which removes the product quickly and effectively. I actually even use this to remove L&P too.

I NEVER use pure acetone on nails as I find it very drying and damaging - the only time I use pure acetone is to clean mirrors and black marks from the floor!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't find any difference between Harmony remover and Shellac Nourishing remover for removing my Gelish. I buy the shellac/cnd one because it is way cheaper.

This comment is unfair. You are suggesting other brands of gel polish take much longer and need pure acetone for removal.

As a NH Gelish user I use their own Soak Off Remover which removes the product quickly and effectively. I actually even use this to remove L&P too.

I NEVER use pure acetone on nails as I find it very drying and damaging - the only time I use pure acetone is to clean mirrors and black marks from the floor!

Hi Lolla, I am absolutely not suggesting that all other brands of gel polish take much longer and require pure acetone. I'm sorry that it seems that way, reading back my post it does sound like that is in fact what I was trying to imply.

The point I was making was about removing ANY product you did not apply yourself, not brand specific at all.
In an ideal world I would never remove a product applied by another professional - full stop - regardless of what product they believe it to be, but, if a client needs help, is unable or unhappy going back to have a removal by the person who applied, then I will attempt removal for that client, and when I do I go into it with pure acetone and patience, WHO KNOWS what product they have on and what the removal will entail?

Pure acetone has been used by nail professionals for as long as the industry has existed, it is a very efficient remover. As Lolla has correctly observed it can be very dehydrating to the natural nail. We know this is especially true when removals are taking place regularly. For this reason it is clear why it's a good idea to choose the specific remover designed to work with the system we have each chosen.
I would not choose to use a system specific remover on 'who knows what' product when removing another tech's work. Pure acetone is the most effective 'common denominator' of nail coating removers we have in our tool kit, and while I wouldn't recommend using it every time a regular client has a removal, it is certainly the most logical choice for the situation I was illustrating.

Hi Fee

I see what you mean now, thanks for explaining :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back