Removing Gelish, is it the same as Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harlsdiesel2

Reaction score
Hi,im just wondering how I should remove gelish as I don't do it I do shellac.would I remove in the same way using desolve?as I have a client today who's swapping over to shellac :)

You need to break the seal of the top coat, by swiping over it with your file. Then wrap as you would with Shellac, using D-Solve, leaving for fifteen minutes.

Could you not soak them of in soak of bowls x

You need to break the seal of the top coat, by swiping over it with your file. Then wrap as you would with Shellac, using D-Solve, leaving for fifteen minutes.

Oo cheers!I've got my Cnd wraps so hopefully I'll be fine.Xx

Gelish is a bit harder to remove than Shellac, use whatever acetone you have just as you would for Shellac, wrap the fingers with products on to soak in. Gelish takes 15-20 minutes depending how thick and how long the client has the product on. If you have heated mits or bags warm them up and put on top of the wrapped nails. The heat/warmth helps a lot.

Oo cheers!I've got my Cnd wraps so hopefully I'll be fine.Xx

I'm sure you will! If you look in the Gelish group you will see that many don't break the seal and it removes the same. Also, it seems D-Solve is the preferred remover rather than anything else. I have always used D-Solve as I use Shellac as well as Gelish, so I have no other remover to compare it to. My NH remover is still sat unopened on the shelf!

I'm sure you will! If you look in the Gelish group you will see that many don't break the seal and it removes the same. Also, it seems D-Solve is the preferred remover rather than anything else. I have always used D-Solve as I use Shellac as well as Gelish, so I have no other remover to compare it to. My NH remover is still sat unopened on the shelf!

I love the NH remover, it has this really nice scent to it.

Could you not soak them of in soak of bowls x

No, you are always best to use cotton pads and foil, soaking in a bowl every 2 to 3 weeks would be far too drying for the clients fingers and nails.

Latest posts

Back