Removing OPI Gel Polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minkeybox

Reaction score
Hi Geekies,

I am trained in gel polish and am a Shellac girl, but one of my regulars has her mum staying with her who wears OPI (nice posh salon- defiantly genuine OPI) and I will be doing her nails while she stays.

How do I remove the OPI polish? I have the foil CND wraps and both D Solve (acetone) and Nourishing Remover. Would I need to buff the top coat before wrapping & How long does OPI removal usually take?

Thanks guys, Id just like to be prepared <3

Michelle xx

Hi Geekies,

I am trained in gel polish and am a Shellac girl, but one of my regulars has her mum staying with her who wears OPI (nice posh salon- defiantly genuine OPI) and I will be doing her nails while she stays.

How do I remove the OPI polish? I have the foil CND wraps and both D Solve (acetone) and Nourishing Remover. Would I need to buff the top coat before wrapping & How long does OPI removal usually take?

Thanks guys, Id just like to be prepared <3

Michelle xx

OPI's base coat is hybrid like Shellac's so it tends to release pretty easily and thoroughly. The top coat is not hybrid however and it is recommended that you buff the top coat. No heavy filing, just enough to break the seal and let the remover get in there to do its job! I don't use the CND removers; I use OPI Expert Touch, and OPI removals soak for about 8-12 minutes.

Fab, thank you hun!

I will buff with a white block to break the seal (will this work?) so its not too rough on the natural nail. I've not had many dealing with other brands of Gel, so am quite excited to see what its like lol xx

Latest posts

Back