Removing semi permanent hair dye

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

BeccaAmanda

Reaction score
Hi, I have platinum hair and I used a semi permanent hair dye at the beginning of November. It was the bleach London rose colour and it states it washes out completely after 1-3 washes. I have washed my hair twice a week since then and it’s still not fully out!! My roots are black as they need bleaching again and then I just have random pink tinges to my hair, some of it is blonde and some is a pale pink. I contacted bleach London and they suggested putting shampoo onto dry hair and leaving it for 20 minutes and it didn’t do anything. How do I get it out???

ronray

Reaction score
Hi, I have platinum hair and I used a semi permanent hair dye at the beginning of November. It was the bleach London rose colour and it states it washes out completely after 1-3 washes. I have washed my hair twice a week since then and it’s still not fully out!! My roots are black as they need bleaching again and then I just have random pink tinges to my hair, some of it is blonde and some is a pale pink. I contacted bleach London and they suggested putting shampoo onto dry hair and leaving it for 20 minutes and it didn’t do anything. How do I get it out???
They have a remover shampoo, have you tried that?
If that doesn't work then I'd look at a deep cleansing shampoo and use this regularly follow the instructions and also use a good moisturing conditioner.

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Sounds like it’s stained the hair shaft, in which case it will fade quite a bit but you won’t remove it completely. This is a common issue when the hair is very porous from excess bleaching.

I’d focus on moisturising treatments for now.

Latest posts