Removing Shellac - Magis Foil wraps or CND Shellac Remover wraps?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meira

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone prefers using. I got the shellac wraps in the kit but find them a bit fiddly and thinking foil might be easier. Is the foil just as effective at removing the shellac (foil ones are also much cheaper!)

Thanks Xx

I use the foil wraps because I go through a couple hundred a month and the CND wraps are so much more expensive. They are kind of hard to use, too...IMHO

Where do you buy the foil ones? I find the wraps a bit fiddly too!

I've tried the wraps but quite honestly, foil and nail pad work perfectly well and there's no fiddling about trying to fit them properly either.

The wraps look abit more professional I suppose and easier to transport for me as I'm mobile but they are extremely annoying to fit properly!

Thank you for your replies, I will give the foil ones a try Xx

I use foil and 1/2 cut cosmetic flat cotton pads.

I bought a foil cutter from Capital and just get their foil refills and cut to size as and when needed and have a lot of cut pads, cheaper and def easier.

I have to say I find the cnd wraps quicker and easier , I don't like wasting time trying to cut up bits of cotton and foil. I also think they look far more professional and as I do have a big emphasise on cnd branding in my salon I feel the wraps are a part if giving my client a full service , they all notice the cnd branding on the wraps and I have undoubtably gained a few clients as it's well known that I do not cut any corners in shellac . I do think its worth pointing out that I work in an affluent area though so I guess they also expect this :)

i use Magis Foil wraps which i buy from Sweetsquared.

cheaper and less fiddly than CND remover wraps IMO X

I use Magis Foil Wraps too, but tbh once this lot has ran out I'm gonna go back to using hairdressing foil and cotton pads.

I also use Magis and gladly sold my CND ones to a fellow tech. I have heard good things about the Vamoos wraps, so may try them at some point.

I have to say I find the cnd wraps quicker and easier , I don't like wasting time trying to cut up bits of cotton and foil. I also think they look far more professional and as I do have a big emphasise on cnd branding in my salon I feel the wraps are a part if giving my client a full service , they all notice the cnd branding on the wraps and I have undoubtably gained a few clients as it's well known that I do not cut any corners in shellac . I do think its worth pointing out that I work in an affluent area though so I guess they also expect this :)

I also work in an affluent area in Central London, and use all CND products, but I don't think the clients particularly notice. I think as long as you're giving a good service and we know that we're using good products that will bring clients back.

I use foil and cotton dusk cut into four as none if my clients would really care what I am wrapping their fingers in as it's the final product they are interested in

I used cnd remover wraps, as said they are good looking and more 'Pro' and work although i used magis and product removal was alot quicker- which ever works best for you!!👍💋

I'm gonna give the wraps a go! I'm in central London but i'm sure they don't really care what I use!

Foil wraps from eBay. You can get 200 for 11.99 delivered xx

I just use foil and cotton pads cut in half, it doesn't take long at all to prepare them and I've never had anyone query what I'm using :) xx

Magiwraps for me!

Latest posts

Back