Rent a room opportunity!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newatnails

Reaction score
Hi guys :D
I've been to see a lady this morning who runs a hairdressers., and on the top floor (it is 3 floors, 1st floor hairdressers, 2nd sunbeds, top floor beauty room) is a beauty treatment room., which is quite big and has been empty since April., the last beauty therapist left in April after 2 years because she got married and has moved out of the area.
Anyway, she has offered me the room (bearing in mind I am only just recently qualified, so will need to start completely from scratch) at £50 per week to start going to £100 per week (said would discuss after 3 months).
Now i've never wanted to do mobile, so am glad this opportunity has come along., however, I can only work Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat for the next 12 months whilst I do my Level 3 on Wed/Thurs, I may be able to do 1 late nite a week and not sure about Saturdays as yet (due to being a single parent and would struggle to find someone to have my son every saturday. so part of me thinks it may not be worth my while if I won't be able to work on a Monday, Tuesday, Wed, Thursday(she did say she may consider me being in the shop when they are closed but obviously when i've worked there a while and they have got to know me) to pay her £50 for Fri/Sat and then rising ot £100 after 3 months - then I did wonder if I could do a job share with someone, get someone in working on the days/nites that I can't - I pay the rent per week, and then I take a contribution paid to me from the other therapist.
I just don't know - based on what i've told you what would you do ? Now I know you are not me so can only answer on what i've told you, but all advice would be welcome.
The shop is on a busy road, it doesn't have dedicated parking, but there are places close by to park, she didn't go into how busy they are, there were 2 ladies in having hair done at 10:30am, 3 stylists (don't work every day), lady does enhancements (nails) and hair, 1 lady comes in Thurs/Fri, and gent there seems to work all week. Clientele are men and women, more women, and the people who did have beauty treatments there prior, may have gone elsewhere by now. I'm also worried about the £100 per week, I know people that rent in our town centre for £70 per week and this shop is 10mins from the centre xx

Latest posts

Back