Rent and commission?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautymad

Reaction score
Hi
I just wanted some advice...

a new business owner of a hair make up salon has recently opened up and wants to rent a beauty room to myself. i a self employed therapist.

she wants to charge me on a monthly basis but she also wants commission for any clients i do because she said that if she advertises her salon then i will pick up clients through that.

i will manage all my booking and payment etc separate

does she have any right to commission if im paying rent?

many thanks your advice is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Its normally rent or commison. I dont think its fair for you to do both

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Either or in my opinion, not both and if you are also advertising she is taking a % from you!

So i would ask, what advertising is she doing? And lets say it is a local magazine page... If its £100 ask if you can have a third of the advert and you pay £ 33 towards or or the same with leaflets or any advert so it is benefiting both of you.

Or if you wanted to come to an agreement you could say any hair client that books in through you their first (only) appointment she will receive a credit with you ie £2 which when built up can be redeemed off any treatment with you. But that is if you want to be nice ;) and same could go for any staff on the salon. Gives them a little motivation to book their clients in with you. Xx

Thanks very for your replies. Bern very helpful x

I have heard stories about people paying both but i just think its just greedy :sad:

Greedy!! I wouldn't go for that, one or the other. Both is taking the pee. Xx

One or the other. Commission is usually where the salon supplies products and its a 60/40 average otherwise a set rent would be better. I understand about advertisement but it works both ways. Xoxo

Get a set rent (written down in a proper signed contract because you know, your business is worth far more than just a 'well we agreeed to... And i thought i could trust him/her') and then work your ass off so that YOU benefit from all your hard work :D You know what needs paying and when, no working percentages out, no having anybody else go through your accounts because they don't believe you've only done such an such an amount this week etc good luck!x

thank you everyone for your advice. I personally think it should be one or the other. Not both.
She is being greedy...
I declined to rent from her and have a much better offer else where with straight forward renting.very pleased. Thanks once again xx

Latest posts

Back