Renting a nail desk

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carebears86

Reaction score
Evening fellow geeks I need to pick your brains, I have been offered a nail desk to rent within a hair salon... I'm due to go for a meeting next week to discuss the terms etc (really excited/scared)!!!

What I'm wanting to know is what type of questions do I need to ask?

I know there's been quite a lot of threads on this subject and the problems that can come with it. So I'm trying to go in to this with my eyes wide open.

Any suggestions on the types of questions I should ask?

Thanks xxx

Anyone got any thoughts? xx

How much per week or month
What's included
Elec
Use of phone
Use of card machine
Tea coffee
Do you buy your own products or use theirs
Do you charge your prices or will you be following their price list
Can you still do some mobile
Will you have a key
Do you ned your own insurance or will you be covered under salon insurance
Who pays for advertising
Can you do your own advertising
How much notice to leave for each other
Above all get it in writing or type it out yourself and have them sign and date it

Thanks soooo much, that's brilliant advice!! I shall do all of the above :hugs: x

Hi, I rent within a hair salon, are you going to be doing this on a self employed basis? If so you will need to take out your own insurance policy, you would need the freelance nail technician or beauty therapist cover depending if you are going to be offering other services, this would also cover you for providing your services in other premises too, you wouldn't be covered by their insurance unless they are taking out a policy that covers you, also your clients payments shouldn't be taken using their credit card machine if a problem were to arise with any service you had provided, the client would then have a case against the person who had taken payment from them, yours and theirs insurers should make you aware of this. Make a list of all the other things you want to discuss and make sure both parties are happy with it. Good luck with your new venture.

Hi shell thanks for taking the time to reply :hug:

Yes I'm going to be there on a self employed basis, so it deffo makes sense to take cash payments instead of card payments (saves undue problems). Plus I will have my own liability insurance so I can still do mobile appointments too.

The owner said they will help me with advertising as well, so I think it's going to work well (I hope) lol.

Thanks again for your advice, I knew I could count on a friendly geek to help xx

Hi shell thanks for taking the time to reply :hug:

Yes I'm going to be there on a self employed basis, so it deffo makes sense to take cash payments instead of card payments (saves undue problems). Plus I will have my own liability insurance so I can still do mobile appointments too.

The owner said they will help me with advertising as well, so I think it's going to work well (I hope) lol.

Thanks again for your advice, I knew I could count on a friendly geek to help xx

That's good that there gonna help you with advertising, once you've got all your equipment set up in there,remember their hair clients could potentially be your clients too, what kind of treatments are you thinking of doing ? One of my treatments is shellac & what I did is while they were sat waiting for their appointments or they were sat waiting for a hair colour to take was offer to do one finger, it lets them try the product out and then they booked an appointment. You can gain quite a few new clients doing this.You can still use a card machine thats linked to your business there are the mobile ones, they do work out a bit more expensive though than the ones that are linked to a telephone line.

Latest posts

Back