renting a room in a centre/clinic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therapies

Reaction score
I was just wondering. Alot of us rent rooms here and there to run our businesses. With the fees you pay to the actual proprietor:

what do you get for your money?
Do they help promote you?
Do they list you on a website?
If you are not there on a daily basis do they keep you informed on whats going on?
Do you know all the other therapists and salon persons that also rent rooms there?
Do you have meetings?
Do you feel its just you you you that does what you can to promote their premises etc just to get your business noticed at the establishment?

i would like to know the answer to this to, as i am currently trying to find a room to rent within a salon etc, i think ive actually been offered to work in same place as you but £7 an hour is too expensive for me to afford to pay

My rent which is £90 (5 days) includes my room (obviously lol) and there is a small waiting area that im free to use, displays, posters etc.

This includes water, electric, drinks for clients, etc

The girls also book appointments for me at the main reception (my room is within hair salon)

The only thing I don't use is the washing machine, I think the therapist before me used it and it would be convienient but my towels are cream and the hair ones are black so I would be worried about them coming out grey if i were to use it lol

I think it is worth bearing in mind with any salon that location is a big factor when paying rent, town centre salons usually have higher rent & business rates so rooms will be more expensive than a salon out of town.

Last edited:
i would like to know the answer to this to, as i am currently trying to find a room to rent within a salon etc, i think ive actually been offered to work in same place as you but £7 an hour is too expensive for me to afford to pay

I think £7.00 an hour is way too high

just think 8 hours a day x £7 = £56 if you only open 5 days that is £280.00
a week and £14,560 a year.

You can lease a whole salon in cheshire for that.

you could even open 7 days and sub rent the other rooms out too.

just been offered a room for £25 a day, with 6 month tie in clause. for this would get all publicity, receptionist, etc, all equipment and towels supplied.

looks very trendy.

i wish i could find a room to rent, as it would mean i could do so many more treatements than i offer mobile. It is driving me mad trying to find somewhere, i just dont know where to look, the £7 an hour is the only thing that i have found and they must be joking if they think i would pay that. :confused:

Please send me a PM if you are interested, looking at £150 - £200 per week would like to discuss in more detail, whereabouts in Lancashire are you based?

Please send me a PM if you are interested, looking at £150 - £200 per week would like to discuss in more detail, whereabouts in Lancashire are you based?
I am based near Blackpool, so its a bit far to skipton but thanks anyway, i was looking for somewhere on a percentage basis really.

I spoke to them at the centre today for you emeralds. They said they could probably do some sort of deal.
I said it doesnt make good money sense for a beauty therapist as they dont charge alot for little things ie.e eyebrow tints etc and wouldnt be worth it if you went all the way to the centre, using your fuel, then your products, doing your treatment and only getting a pound or two or even nothing depending on what you charge for that sort of thing.
SO think they are interested in doing a % thing?

It works out for me because I only pay the £7 if im there, if i have a booking. Its handy because one week or even two weeks i might not even be there so have nothing to pay to them but still remain to have an official business address and telephone number and they still take calls with no fee from me.
I concentrate on all my other work but the internet site i have now generates lots of clients that phone the centre if they dont want mobile bookings.
I mainly have it for a business address really.

Ive put it to them that it will be no good for you or similar therapists for the £7phr, not sure what they have in mind though, I know they want a therapist that does beauty and nails, and know they are desp for one as think if passers by see a nail tech/beauty in the window it may generate walk ins and more clients, so they cant have it all their way :lol:, I think theres a deal to be made .

xx

Thanks for that, i emailed her again today but so far she hasnt got back to me, i would love to have a room tho, i can do nails but its l+p so they may have a prob with the smell lol. But thanks for doing that, fingers crossed she will get back to me monday:)

Well i have been offered a room at 20% cut, so i get to take 80% i am providing all my products. I havenet been to see the room yet as i still need to think of which days / hours i would like to work. What days would you guys say would be the busiest days on average? I will be doing the following:
Ezflow spa elements man + ped, sienna x spray tanning, eyelash/brow tinting, waxing and facials (thinking of using oligodermie for this). I feel happier now I have found a room and im oing to accept it. Need to think up some good opening offers now:)

Good Luck On Your Room

Latest posts

Back