Renting a space in a sunbed shop

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hewitd01

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I've been mobile spray tanning on and off for 3 1/2 years and have built up a good reputation. One of my clients is opening a sunbed shop and has asked me to offer spray tanning in the room above 2 evening's a week and maybe Saturday's.

We haven't yet discussed figures but I wanted to ask for advice on what is a reasonable rate?

It's a brand new shop at the other side of town to which I usually work mobile so I would have to build my own customer base and basically start from scratch.

Are sunbed shop's still popular? Is there room for a spray tanner in this environment? I don't really have any spare money to be there paying rent if im not tanning so a bit concerned.

I will know more tomorrow when I meet her and view the room but want to be a bit more clued up than I am now beforehand!

Any help or previous experience in this area is gratefully received.

Thanks, Claire. X
Sent from my GT-I8190 using SalonGeek mobile app

Anyone?

Hi,
Why don't you start on a % fee to her as you don't know how busy you'll be?

I think a sunned shop is ideal as people that go on sunbeds are wanting to be tanned! Perfect for you!

Will your clients come to the shop? Have you spoke to them about it?

When you rent space of someone you choose your hrs so why not get an appointment book and tell her when your available and get her to book your appointments in the gaps you say- this way you can still do your mobile clients and fit the shop around you rather then you around the shop x
X

Hi im a nail tech at a sunbed salon. We are busy from oprning til close 9-8 week days 9-5.30 sat & 11-4 sun. Spray tanning is busiest Thursday & fri eveing & first thing sat.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for your help. I haven't spoken to any of my clients as I don't think they would travel this far especially when I am mobile and travel to them. It won't affect my mobile business that much as I'm busiest Monday's and Fridays and my intention is to work in the shop wed, Thursday and sat.

Off to see it this morning. Excited! X

So I've been and had a meeting with the owner. She mentioned figures of 50-80 pw rent. Its a huge space so I suggested her splitting it in half and employing a nail tech as I won't need all that space and it will half my rent.

My concern was that she will also want a beautician (I'm qualified in waxing, lashes and manicures) but have never done these On paying customer's. I said what if she gets a beautician who can spray tan but she reassured me that she knows im good and wants me.

I mentioned about a percentage of my takings to start with and she said she will consider all options.

I'm going to bite the bullet and give it a go. There are no other sunbed shops in the area or beauty salons from what I could see.

Hopefully we can work something out. X

So I've been and had a meeting with the owner. She mentioned figures of 50-80 pw rent. Its a huge space so I suggested her splitting it in half and employing a nail tech as I won't need all that space and it will half my rent.

My concern was that she will also want a beautician (I'm qualified in waxing, lashes and manicures) but have never done these On paying customer's. I said what if she gets a beautician who can spray tan but she reassured me that she knows im good and wants me.

I mentioned about a percentage of my takings to start with and she said she will consider all options.

I'm going to bite the bullet and give it a go. There are no other sunbed shops in the area or beauty salons from what I could see.

Hopefully we can work something out. X

Keep us updated and good luck x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Good luck with it :) I think it will be fab!! Keep us updated x

Latest posts

Back