Repair a corner chip in natural nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kazzmetics

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong section but I've been searching the whole world of the internet for the answer to this and I can't find anything. A girl on Twitter has asked some advise on how to fix this chip in her natural nail? I know how to repair similar on a gel/L&p extension with sculpting, and that you can repair breaks with fibreglass, but I don't know what to suggest for her to do to fix this? Could you just sculpt it anyway? I'm new to nails and I haven't come across this yet, sorry if I sound like a noob xo

Attachments

• chip.jpg
    chip.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 239
You could do a removable sculpted nail with Brisa Lite Sculpting gel or you could do a L&P sculpted nail with L&P or you could even do a patch that doesn't cover the whole nail. You can repair with a fibre wrap. You could repair that with many different options, But I would go with the first option as with CND Brisa Lite there is no need at all to buff or file the natural nail, so when removed her nail will be just as healthy as the day you did the repair. :D

Here is how to repair using a wrap. This tutorial is right here on Salongeek (you could have saved yourself allot of time coming here first). However using a wrap you do need to buff the natural nail ... but it gives you the idea.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finis...ow-replace-broken-corner-nail-fibreglass.html

Last edited:
You could do a removable sculpted nail with Brisa Lite Sculpting gel or you could do a L&P sculpted nail with L&P or you could even do a patch that doesn't cover the whole nail. You can repair with a fibre wrap. You could repair that with many different options, But I would go with the first option as with CND Brisa Lite there is no need at all to buff or file the natural nail, so when removed her nail will be just as healthy as the day you did the repair. :D

Thanks Geeg, I knew I could rely on you. She doesn't live near me so I won't be able to do it for her, I think she's looking for advise to repair it herself. I was still interested in how to do it though in case I come across it with my clients in the future, you never stop learning in this business :D :Love:

Salon Geek was the first place I came, I was searching the threads for ages before I asked. I found loads about repairing a nail but nothing for repairing a corner chip. Thanks for the point in the right direction!

I did a client the other day 3 chips on natural nails so did sculpts in brisa lite sculpting, she is so happy and now want overlays on all her nails.

Latest posts

Back