Repairing broken nail - L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catiebloo

Reaction score
I did a search on this but didn't really find an answer...or it was there & i just couldn't see it!

I've not long completed by re-balance day of the CND L&P course and on this day we were told what to do to repair nails where something like a corner of the free edge had broken off. On that day i was having a flare (i have fibromyalgia) so can't really remember what was said about how to do it? :irked:

The corner of one of my clients nails has broken off upto just below the smile line (weirdly enough it was the only one that day i'd used a form on and i think perhaps it was too thin in that corner, especially after finishing...) so do i file that section down and kinda bevel it and using a form build that part of the nail up again? Or do i file down the smile line as you would when doing a rebalance and apply a whole new smile line?

Thank you in advance!

so do i file that section down and kinda bevel it and using a form build that part of the nail up again?
Thank you in advance!

this is what i would do. make sure you don't get acrylic seeping under the form though as this can be annoying for ya customer.

Frankly you can do either but I think for the most consistent look I would remove the whole free edge and add a form and re-sculpt a nice new free edge/ zone 1.

As you are new to nails, doing the repair as suggested above will ensure the same consistency of white for the whole free edge whereas if you add a new corner, your mix will be different and the white will therefore look patchy and different too.

Geeg that was the option i was going for, i was concerned if i did the other option it would look patchy & i would possibly have a line where the join is, plus a colour difference.

Thank you both for your help, much appreciated x

Latest posts

Back