Reporting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannahgreetham

Reaction score
How do you go about reporting a salon for having non qualified staff doing nails and advertising

Is that against the law?

I am not sure there is anyone to report them to.

Its not really a regulated industry here in the UK. Maybe trading standards can advise?

I don't think it's illegal to offer beauty treatments without qualifications in the UK. Obviously their insurance (if they have any) wouldn't cover them if anything went wrong.

You'll always get 'rogue traders' don't think about them, concentrate on your own business, providing a great professional service and build a fab reputation x

Depends what products they are using? For example, if they were using Gelish or Shellac, then you could notify Nail Harmony or Sweet Squared.

Gelish can be bought in Sally's, all you need is a manicure certificate. You would need to know that the person offering these treatments is not in possession of this, but tbh, I don't think anyone would bat an eyelid about it. Unfortunately.
I have had my nails ruined by a qualified beautician who previously was a spa salon manager too. I'm 100% sure she was qualified, but she still damaged my nails badly.

To work in a salon or premises area including renting desk/room that's not your personal residential home in most of the uk doing mani and pedi you need to be on the premises special licence and most councils and this is spreading across the UK as they try to make it standard yon need to have a nvq in mani oedi and any other required treatment for the licence. If they don't have that there breaking the special treatment licence and you can let the local council know.

Not every borough has made this rule but alot have, you can find out by phoning in your councils special treatment licence department.

Latest posts

Back