Research for Nail Art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dobermum

Reaction score
Some info please...

I have to research the cost of nail art i.e. what it would have cost for my assessment clients to have done what I did elsewhere. (God that's baaad English). I hope you know what I mean.:confused:

Surely the cost would reflect what nail art you are doing plus time and materials used?

I have done 5 case studies.

1. Polish, and a few flicks of paint & glitter - time 1/2 hour
2. Polish and stripes with painted eyes (Baby Pom on a child) - time 1/2 hour
3. Polish, striping tape, polish secure - time 1 and 1/2 hour (I'm slow!!)
4. Polish with Marbelled French tip effect (paint) - 1 and 1/2 hours
5. Polish with water decals - 1 hour

My other question is - if you free hand paint - say for instance a theme - over 10 nails and it takes 2 - 2 1/2 hours. Surely you can't charge enough to make it worth your while?

I know I'm asking a lot ladies but any in put from your experiences would be appreciated :)

Jane x

does your time include the service besids the art?

lets see...

1. 30 minutes - or less
2. 15 minutes - or less
3. 30 minutes - i don't use striping tape, i use a striping brush
4. 30 minutes - or less
5. i don't use decals

as for hand painted, that's all i do, so i make it worth my time and their money.

i try to fit in the fill with a design in, usually depending on the design, 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.

i always make sure to do my best work for my time and their money.

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Thanks Kathleen

Wow - will I ever be that fast?

What I thought I'd asked but I didn't...my English is having a day off...is how much would these nail art treatments cost? Treament 3 & 4 took longer as I did a mini and a full manicure. For the sake of my Nail Art assessment I don't think I would need to cost these.

Obviously you, being faster, would make more money than I would, being slower. Does that make sense?

Thanks Jane

i've been told i underprice myself and need to raise my prices!

polish change is $8.00 adults, on children $5.00

1. polish change with flicks and glitter on all nails - $14.00
2. p.c. with stripes and eyes on child - 10.00
3. n/a
4. p.c. with marbeled french - $15.00
5. n/a

if you have any other questionsor want to see my work, you can find me at
My Nails Rock!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Thanks Kathleen this is much appreciated....I checked your site out ages ago and I keep going back for another look, lovely work. Ihave found it to be very educational so I thank you for that also.

Does anyone else have prices for me please otherwise my research will consist of Katherine and...katherine

Think how long it takes to do. For example, if a full set of nails takes you an hour and half and you charge £30, this works out at £20 an hour (I think! Maths never was my bag).

Nail art will be less because you aren't using the products you are for enhancements. You still need to charge for your time.

This is just my opinion. All geeks please feel free to let me know if I'm talking utter tripe!:green:

Hi,

I do think this depends very much on the area you work in!
I would charge FROM £1.50 per nail in my area, depends on the design!!!

Simple flicks and glitter takes me about 20-30mins charging £15 for full set!
The more detail of the design the more you need to charge, purely because it takes longer.

Always charge extra for diamantees because they are your biggest cost in nail art!

So really you need to...
*look at your area and see what other salons charge
*work out the cost for your time
*and think about the skill involved in the design

Hth's

:)

Some info please...

I have to research the cost of nail art i.e. what it would have cost for my assessment clients to have done what I did elsewhere. (God that's baaad English). I hope you know what I mean.:confused:

Surely the cost would reflect what nail art you are doing plus time and materials used?

I have done 5 case studies.

1. Polish, and a few flicks of paint & glitter - time 1/2 hour
2. Polish and stripes with painted eyes (Baby Pom on a child) - time 1/2 hour
3. Polish, striping tape, polish secure - time 1 and 1/2 hour (I'm slow!!)
4. Polish with Marbelled French tip effect (paint) - 1 and 1/2 hours
5. Polish with water decals - 1 hour

My other question is - if you free hand paint - say for instance a theme - over 10 nails and it takes 2 - 2 1/2 hours. Surely you can't charge enough to make it worth your while?

I know I'm asking a lot ladies but any in put from your experiences would be appreciated :)

Jane x

1=£10.00 only basic nail art 30 mins
2=£12.00 basic nail art but with more detail 30 mins
3=£15.00 basic nail art with 1 polish secure on each ring finger 45 mins
as above but with polish secure on every finger £23.00 1 hour

4=£15.00 1 hour
5=£12.00 45 mins

this is what i would charge for those jobs and the time it would take me
i charge from £1.00 to £3.00 per polish secure depending on quality of it and i charge 30p per rhinestone or pearl, 50p per shaped rhinestone or pearl
hope that helps a little

Thank you all very much...I will be able to work something out with these times and costs in mind... much appreciated x

Latest posts

Back