Resisting the urge to do a pregnancy test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awww this made me smile!! Congratulations, I'm going to start trying with my partner once my implant gets taken out!!

Awwwww really happy for you!! Read all this yesterday and delighted to come back on to see you tested positive 😃 so exciting x x

Drumroll please..
We did the test and got a very big strong positive cross!!!
I'm in shock. We've agreed I'll do a digital one in the morning to see and then I'll ring the doctor to triple check.
It really isn't real to me.
Hubby went off for a shower and I carried on making my parsley sauce for dinner calm as anything!

Aw I actually just cheered out loud for you! Congratulations! Xxxx

My doc didn't confirm my pregnancy test and I only used one - can't mistake a big fat cross :) I just popped in my docs reception, gave my details over and then waited to hear back from the midwife. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ah that's so nice congratulations! Sometimes you just know I was on the pill for 3 years and got up one morning and just knew I was pregnant!

I went to the doctor the next day just to make sure :)
I also had period pains until about 13 weeks!! X

I'm glad you said about the period pains. I was convinced I was going to come on because I felt that usual niggle. From reading up on it I gather it's quite common to feel like you're coming on. I really can't believe it still.

I wish I fell quickly, 12 months and nothing. :-( x

Baby chops don't be disheartened. I'm not home a dry yet. It's such early days anything could happen. Your time will come x

Are you still going to do another test in the morning? Let us know what it says again lol x

I really want to answer you all individually and properly.. But thank you everyone.
I'm still amazed that last night I thought I was being too eager thinking of taking a test and now I've got a positive!

I do feel for those who have been trying for a little while.. I feel like I've cheated but please be assured I'm not taking this for granted.. Anything could happen.

That's amazing that you can get to 14 weeks without realising. At least you didn't have the long await then for the midwife appointment and scan. That's going to drag!

I'm really pooing myself at the thought of all this. It's one thing wanting a baby and it all being a fantasy but now I'm thinking oh crap with a bit of luck I'll be actually giving birth at some point! Now that is a scary thought!!

Are you still going to do another test in the morning? Let us know what it says again lol x

Oh definitely babychops. I've got digital one that will tell me now many weeks so I'll do that. Although I know it will be about 2 weeks. I'll be sure to post in the morning x

I wish I fell quickly, 12 months and nothing. :-( x

When it's been 12 months Hun can't you ask the doctor for advice? When are you due on next?x

I'm glad you said about the period pains. I was convinced I was going to come on because I felt that usual niggle. From reading up on it I gather it's quite common to feel like you're coming on. I really can't believe it still.

I had them so bad I was terrified I was going to loose the baby.

My midwife said it is completely normal and it's just everything stretching x

I had them so bad I was terrified I was going to loose the baby.

My midwife said it is completely normal and it's just everything stretching x

'Everything stretching' eeeek!
It was just so odd how they coincided with my period being due but apparently it's quite common.

'Everything stretching' eeeek!
It was just so odd how they coincided with my period being due but apparently it's quite common.

Ha she did say exactly what was stretching but I wouldn't dare try to remember incase I say something ridiculous!

Good luck with everything keep us updated please! This and one born every minute is doing nothing for my broodiness - just thinking wedding dress!! x

Ha she did say exactly what was stretching but I wouldn't dare try to remember incase I say something ridiculous!

Good luck with everything keep us updated please! This and one born every minute is doing nothing for my broodiness - just thinking wedding dress!! x

I'm not sure I'm ready to know exactly what stretches ha ha!

I love one born. I haven't yet seen last nights because I have to watch it when hubby's not around. He can't watch it. He'll be watching it up close and personal one day!

Oooo wedding dress? Have you set a date?x

When it's been 12 months Hun can't you ask the doctor for advice? When are you due on next?x

The doc told me to wait another 3 months (as I wasn't regular straight away after the pill) I'm next due on, on the 3rd April (so just over 2 weeks) I'm every 5 weeks x

The doc told me to wait another 3 months (as I wasn't regular straight away after the pill) I'm next due on, on the 3rd April (so just over 2 weeks) I'm every 5 weeks x

I know it's hard but you've just got to wait and see if your period comes. By being more relaxed about it you might find it surprises you like it seems to have done with me. I vowed to myself I wouldn't take any tests unless I was late.
The pre pregnancy vitamins I take are seven seas and I got my husband taking zinc vitamins as I read that might boost his fertility. Also have you made sure you don't rush to the loo after intercourse. I always did before trying for a baby.. But then I made sure I stayed lying down for half an hour at least. Maybe these are things that might help

I know it's hard but you've just got to wait and see if your period comes. By being more relaxed about it you might find it surprises you like it seems to have done with me. I vowed to myself I wouldn't take any tests unless I was late.
The pre pregnancy vitamins I take are seven seas and I got my husband taking zinc vitamins as I read that might boost his fertility. Also have you made sure you don't rush to the loo after intercourse. I always did before trying for a baby.. But then I made sure I stayed lying down for half an hour at least. Maybe these are things that might help

Yeah I always lay down straight after, sometimes stay there all night! Haha it's so hard to wait though! lol it wouldn't have bothered me if these veins hadn't suddenly appeared lol x

Im 15 weeks now and im having period like pains but it is stretching xx

Got that wrong, just over 3 weeks time x

Ahhhhh chellebelle I've been following this thread and I'm so happy for you.

Laura xx

Latest posts

Back