Resisting the urge to do a pregnancy test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barely slept a wink last night. Had to take myself off to the spare bed at 3am cus I knew I was disturbing hubby.
The digital test is another positive. Brings it home a bit more seeing the word 'pregnant' and 2-3 weeks.
I'm a bit worries about phoning the doctor and telling my mum incase I jinx it but you gotta tell your mum.
Thank you everyone so much for supporting me. It's been like a mini drama hasn't it.. With a bit of suspense thrown in.
I think the internet is a funny thing. You can feel like you have friends even when you haven't even met. It's lovely and just what I needed.
Hugs esp to those of you still trying. I believe everything happens for a reason and I'm sure when the time is just right You'll have a healthy, happy pregnancy and baby
Xxx

Congrats!! Another 'geek' baby!!

Brilliant news, congratulations!

Congratulations xx

Have you taken another test chellebelle? lol

I am off to get some more vitamins today, anyone recommend the best ones? Something different than pregnacare. Also is there anything I can get my husband to take? x

Last edited:
Have you taken another test chellebelle? lol

I am off to get some more vitamins today, anyone recommend the best ones? Something different than pregnacare. Also is there anything I can get my husband to take? x

Magnesium. So lots of brazil nuts. Also no smoking or alcohol, less junk food lots of fresh fruit and veg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Also you may want to read this.
http://www.parents.com/blogs/everyt...-multivitamins-can-raise-risk-of-miscarriage/

The only pre natal vitamins you need to take is folic acid, just make sure you are eating a wide variety of different coloured fruit and veg, getting loads of calcium etc. Pre natal vitamins will in no way help you conceive but a healthy lifestyle will.

Thats quite a sweeping statement and not strictly true. Even that article says more research is needed- just because there is a statistic from 1 study it doesn't mean that it is a cause. If you also research implantation and conception and the factors that make your womb a positive environment you will find that slight imbalances causing failure to implant that can be resolved With a particular b vitamin or similar have been proven to help conception.

Ultimately for most people a healthy and balanced diet and lifestyle is enough.

Hey I am 27 weeks. Due date 11th June. Is this your first? x

Congrats that's only a few days in the difference to me.
I'm due the 16th of June, I've had two previous misscarriages so thus will be my first child. Exciting but nerve wracking at the same time xxx

I had my first child at 17 it wasn't planned and was a shock, I broke up with the boyfriend, a few months later got with Alan I'm with him 5 years and josh my son is now 5 we want a baby I have been off my patch since the end of summer and have really been trying the past few months Alan works hard and is often tired which ennoys me even more as we only have a few days ovulation period no sign of a baby yet, my friends just got preg with her second child it happened so fast for her

I had my first child at 17 it wasn't planned and was a shock, I broke up with the boyfriend, a few months later got with Alan I'm with him 5 years and josh my son is now 5 we want a baby I have been off my patch since the end of summer and have really been trying the past few months Alan works hard and is often tired which ennoys me even more as we only have a few days ovulation period no sign of a baby yet, my friends just got preg with her second child it happened so fast for her

As hard as it is try to put it to the back of your mind and enjoy trying. Hopefully it happens soon x

Thats quite a sweeping statement and not strictly true. Even that article says more research is needed- just because there is a statistic from 1 study it doesn't mean that it is a cause. If you also research implantation and conception and the factors that make your womb a positive environment you will find that slight imbalances causing failure to implant that can be resolved With a particular b vitamin or similar have been proven to help conception.

Ultimately for most people a healthy and balanced diet and lifestyle is enough.

The results of one study should not be completely ignored though, after all it is a scientific study.

I just think that people have a misconception that pregncare etc will help you conceive, it won't in any way shape or form. Just concentrate on eating healthily.

O no! Iv started a debate! Lol x

O no! Iv started a debate! Lol x

Not a debate I just think that you are putting too much hope onto these prenatal vitamins. I appreciate how hard it is trying to conceive but if I were you o would leave them all together and spend your money on green leafy veg, bananas (full of vits which are known to aid conception), whole grains and seeds which are loaded with magnesium which are great for sperm mobility.

Not a debate I just think that you are putting too much hope onto these prenatal vitamins. I appreciate how hard it is trying to conceive but if I were you o would leave them all together and spend your money on green leafy veg, bananas (full of vits which are known to aid conception), whole grains and seeds which are loaded with magnesium which are great for sperm mobility.

Have a read xx
http://www.parentdish.co.uk/pregnan...p-you-conceive/#!fullscreen&slide=aol_1256893

Congrats in your lovely news. X

To all of you trying, I took 2 years to conceive first time around due to PCOS and second time around it took just over 12 months. I know how the waiting and wondering every month feels. Hugs ladies xx

Yeah I will do that, no harm in the vitamins either though x

When are u planning to do a test babychops? X

Hi Babychops I might have read wrong but, Did you say your mid cycle? 3 weeks till your period? Do you know your ovulation days? There's no point in testing if you have yet to ovulate. You ovulate 14 days before your period so if you have a 35 day cycle you won't ovulate until day 21. Also the pre natal vitamins won't help you fall pregnant they just help get the right vitamin intake needed for a woman in child bearing years including the folic acid needed for a growing baby if you do fall pregnant. X

Latest posts

Back