Resisting the urge to do a pregnancy test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I came off the pill in December never had a natural period. For one reason or another I decided to go back on the pill, I took a test around the end of January, 3 weeks later I tested positive. I was 6 weeks gone. Personally I would wait until your at least a week late, do the test first thing in the morning. But don't be disheartened if its negative, it could still be too early.
X

Ha ha thank you. I'm scared to disappoint everyone now with a false alarm. All I know is my period has never been 2 days late. Even when I've had breaks from the pill in the past. Watch this space x

I wana say do it now, cus im excited to see what the result is, but your morning pee will be stronger?!? Ohhhh I wana know so cant imagine how you must be feeling! xx

I really think you should wait as your only 2 days late, try and wait as long as you can, easier said than done though! Lol x

Ha ha thank you. I'm scared to disappoint everyone now with a false alarm. All I know is my period has never been 2 days late. Even when I've had breaks from the pill in the past. Watch this space x

When I came off the pill I didn't have a period at all, got pregnant straight away! I know the levels are stronger in the morning but I tested in the afternoon on the day I was due on and got positive results in both pregnancies x

Drumroll please..
We did the test and got a very big strong positive cross!!!
I'm in shock. We've agreed I'll do a digital one in the morning to see and then I'll ring the doctor to triple check.
It really isn't real to me.
Hubby went off for a shower and I carried on making my parsley sauce for dinner calm as anything!

Drumroll please..
I'm in shock. We've agreed I'll do a digital one in the morning to see and then I'll ring the doctor to triple check.
Hubby went off for a shower and I carried on making my parsley sauce for dinner calm as anything!

Yayyyyyyyyyyy

Drumroll please..

Congrats! :) x

I just don't feel it's real. I think it's because we'd only just started trying and I expected months and months of waiting. Plus it's such early days, I'll believe it more when I see the doctor but I'll still worry it could go wrong.

What can I expect when I ring the doctors? Do they get you straight in and what for? X

Aww congratulations 😄 I want to follow this now xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lyd are you trying too then?x

Oh no just saw your post earlia and started reading it all and I thought ooo I must remind myself to check 2moz to see what u said. I had a feeling u wouldnt resist :p xx

What can I expect when I ring the doctors? Do they get you straight in and what for? X

My doc didn't do a test as the ones you buy are so accurate, he booked me straight in with the midwife x

Ah that's so nice congratulations! Sometimes you just know I was on the pill for 3 years and got up one morning and just knew I was pregnant!

I went to the doctor the next day just to make sure :)
I also had period pains until about 13 weeks!! X

woop woop!!
see it showed up!!! lots of people don't take months and months of trying
i know i didn't i took one missed pill in my pack and i was pregnant! its real, believe it!!!!!!
docs don't always repeat the tests as siorha says, mine didn't either, they said its the same pee on a stick thing you do at home anyway. They refer you t the midwives care but you don't see anyone till your around 9 weeks for a booking appointment. Then scan at around 12 weeks!!!
congratulations!!!!!

I wish I fell quickly, 12 months and nothing. :-( x

My dr didn't even do another test. He just contacted the midwives who booked me in for a booking in appointment. This is usually done between 6-10 weeks with a 12 week scan to follow. Drs have very little to do with normal pregnancies, it is all midwife led

Ohh no babychops :( I hope you get results soon, I crossed my fingers and toes for chellebelle so I shall do the same for you too!! xxx

Aw babychops try not to get discouraged, my friend had been trying for well over a year and was having fertility tests, one month she and her husband decided to forget about ovulation tests and times, days etc. in fact they only had intercourse twice that month and hey presto pregnant! Its hard but trying too hard can sometimes be the problem xx

I didnt find out till i was 14 weeks with my first i had no symptoms whatsoever and my periods were always messed up here n there and only for a day lol xx

Latest posts

Back