Resisting the urge to do a pregnancy test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely gutted, my period was late so I was starting to think I was pregnant, then I wake up today and there she is! I give up! It's put me in a bad mood! :-( x

Absolutely gutted, my period was late so I was starting to think I was pregnant, then I wake up today and there she is! I give up! It's put me in a bad mood! :-( x

Don't despair. It will happen, one way or another, it will. If you want it, you will find a way. I can't empathise because I was very lucky (and I know that) but I can sympathise. No woman should be denied the chance to carry a child if she wants. Just keep trying. Have you tried the "glow" app? Lots of people report they conceived the first month on it, I sure did. Don't stress yourself, you know that doesn't work. Sending positive thoughts your way for your next ovulation x x

How did the scan go? Sorry just seen your post on the other page. Cysts appear when you ovulate and then go around the time of your period. If it was only 1 its likely not anything to worry about. Maybe ask your Dr about a HSG to check your tubes? I had a HSG, then a Lap & Dye and then another HSG with poppyseed oil which makes your womb sticky (but I think the cons at our hospital is the only one in the country who offers that) None of it worked for me but I put it down to my only having 1 tube and PCOS. A lot of the time having these procedures just gives your tubes a flush and makes you very fertile for the next few months.

Have you tried the Clearblue fertility monitor? Lots of people have had success with that. Tried all the supplements? That lube stuff that helps the sperm get to the egg (can't remember the name and I'm at work don't want to google "lube to help fertility :eek:) Have you tried cutting out alcohol (if you drink)? Charting your temp? xx

How did the scan go? Sorry just seen your post on the other page. Cysts appear when you ovulate and then go around the time of your period. If it was only 1 its likely not anything to worry about. Maybe ask your Dr about a HSG to check your tubes? I had a HSG, then a Lap & Dye and then another HSG with poppyseed oil which makes your womb sticky (but I think the cons at our hospital is the only one in the country who offers that) None of it worked for me but I put it down to my only having 1 tube and PCOS. A lot of the time having these procedures just gives your tubes a flush and makes you very fertile for the next few months.

Have you tried the Clearblue fertility monitor? Lots of people have had success with that. Tried all the supplements? That lube stuff that helps the sperm get to the egg (can't remember the name and I'm at work don't want to google "lube to help fertility :eek:) Have you tried cutting out alcohol (if you drink)? Charting your temp? xx

How do they do a hsg? Is it painful? Lol I'll have to ask my doctor about it. I have all the vitamins but forget to take them after a while lol I must get better with that! I don't chart my temp, I'll have to start doing that as well. Hopefully my cyst is just normal then. I don't drink anymore. Iv only drunk once at a BBQ in 6 months. Thanks for your reply and help x

How do they do a hsg? Is it painful? Lol I'll have to ask my doctor about it. I have all the vitamins but forget to take them after a while lol I must get better with that! I don't chart my temp, I'll have to start doing that as well. Hopefully my cyst is just normal then. I don't drink anymore. Iv only drunk once at a BBQ in 6 months. Thanks for your reply and help x

The HSG is done as an X Ray, they will pass a very thin tube through your cervix and that will flush fluid around your tubes whilst they take XRays. They will see on the XRay whether the fluid flows freely. Most likely it will and you won't have any blockage but as I said it can give you a flush out and can prove helpful.

Mine was painful however they said that's because I only have 1 tube so the pressure in there was just too much and I passed out. I was fine after some painkillers and went straight home. The Lap and Dye is done under a general anasthetic as a day case and is just done as keyhole thorugh your belly button but the Dr will be able to see all inside your uterus make sure you don't have any problems. Both of these are quite routine tests when your fertility is being investigated and before the Dr will prescribe Clomid/IVF etc, and whilst it can be painful it's worth it for the end result x

I'm hoping I'll be ok as I didn't find the internal ultrasound uncomfortable at all but I don't know lol I'm willing to have it done as they'll be able to see if I have any blockages. It's not very nice having to have all this done but I suppose I'll have to get used to it if I want to have a baby lol thanks for your help x

I'm hoping I'll be ok as I didn't find the internal ultrasound uncomfortable at all but I don't know lol I'm willing to have it done as they'll be able to see if I have any blockages. It's not very nice having to have all this done but I suppose I'll have to get used to it if I want to have a baby lol thanks for your help x

Have you had any more news? X

Have you had any more news? X

Hi, no more news yet, got another scan in a few weeks to check the cyst, very down about it all atm, you ok? X

Don't get down baby chops I know easy for me to say .
But my friend had severe problems with her reproductive system and was told she would never have children ! She has a gorgeous 7 month old son now so it's possible it happened to her and just be patient your turn will come stay strong and think positive Xxxx

Last edited:
How is everyone doing? I haven't been on here a lot lately. Had ttc on my mind too much. Iv come off facebook now as every time I see someone announce their pregnant (which is nearly every day now) I cry :-( so if I don't see it, I won't get upset lol x

Hi baby chops,

I hope you are feeling much better. Ttc is a hard and testing time.

If you do come back on facebook I have a secret ttc and pregnancy group for salon geeks, and you would be more than welcome to join. I'm also ttc and have been for the last 14 months xx

Hey sorry cant follow this untill someone explains ttc hahaha x
Thanks

Kind Regards, Ellis :)

Trying to concieve

baby chops there are some groups in fertility friends which are a great support network because you're in the same boat, it took years for me to conceive. Ask ur gp about a hsg as that should be the next step, I had one. They have good advice and understand. good luck I really hope you get there. xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

baby chops there are some groups in fertility friends which are a great support network because you're in the same boat, it took years for me to conceive. Ask ur gp about a hsg as that should be the next step, I had one. They have good advice and understand. good luck I really hope you get there. xx

I have heard about a hsg. It sounds painful but I'm willing to do anything if it will help me to conceive x

How

Last edited:
How did everyone feel coming off the pill. Does it affect you in any way? X

It took a long time for the pill to come out of my system. The only way I know it's come out now is my skin has completely cleared up! It was awful at one point but now it's completely clear! It took 17 months! I hate the pill! Lol but everyone is different! X

It took a long time for the pill to come out of my system. The only way I know it's come out now is my skin has completely cleared up! It was awful at one point but now it's completely clear! It took 17 months! I hate the pill! Lol but everyone is different! X

How are you getting on? Xx

[QUOTE=Nails

Not very well :-( still no further with anything and getting very depressed. But I'll keep trying. Thanks for asking. How are you? X

How are you doing babychops? Any news since August?

Hope your doing ok x

Latest posts

Back