Retailing nail files?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephR

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I was just wondering how many geeks retail nail files and if so what ones?

I've had a few clients ask recently what files they should use on natural nails. Have told them 240 grit etc, but that obviously means nothing to them, so has got me thinking I should have some to retail.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Steph

xxx

I think it's a great idea. They're not very expensive. Don't take up much space and don't have a use by date. And you're still encouraging clients to take care of themselves!

Anyone else?

xxx

Hi
I brought some from Ellisons. They were a pack of 36 and are zebra patterns and come in silver, gold , pink and black

I haven't sold many but as I only do nails in the evening and weekends, I can't really complain.
I'm hoping to sell a few more towards Christmas in gift bags

For what they cost and what you can retail them for, ellisons suggests what you should retail them for, it can't be a bad thing

Hope this helps x

Yes I retail CND Kanga files.

I see it that if I am educating clients into how to maintain their nails at home, then it's only right that I can provide the retail items for them to do this. It takes away any confusion for them, or having to try and buy a reputable brand somewhere else.

I also retail CND files (240 grit).

Haven't sold any yet but to be honest that's because I've only had them on display for about a week :p

Xx

Yes I retail CND Kanga files.

I see it that if I am educating clients into how to maintain their nails at home, then it's only right that I can provide the retail items for them to do this. It takes away any confusion for them, or having to try and buy a reputable brand somewhere else.

Do they come wrapped up individually or is it just a big pack that you then hand them one from? Xx

xxx

Hi
I brought some from Ellisons. They were a pack of 36 and are zebra patterns and come in silver, gold , pink and black

I haven't sold many but as I only do nails in the evening and weekends, I can't really complain.
I'm hoping to sell a few more towards Christmas in gift bags

For what they cost and what you can retail them for, ellisons suggests what you should retail them for, it can't be a bad thing

Hope this helps x

Brilliant thank you will take a look. Are they wrapped up individually?

xxx

Do they come wrapped up individually or is it just a big pack that you then hand them one from? Xx

xxx

They are bunched in together, not individually wrapped.

Brilliant thank you will take a look. Are they wrapped up individually?

xxx

The ones I have come in a stand but are individually wrapped as well

I use a fresh file for each client. I buy 240 grit individually wrapped from Sally's and I send customers home with them.

They are not expensive and hygienic and also less disinfecting for me. My customers love it.

Some of them bring their files with them for their next appointments so I just spray it with the Mundo file disinfecting spray and off we go again x

I intend to start retailing files soon. I've seen some 240 grit "scratch & sniff ones" (the scent activates when you file with it) and they are printed in fruit patterns. They only retail at £1 each so I think people will really go for them. Cant remember where I've seen them off the top of my head but I'll have a look in a bit and let you know

I use a fresh file for each client. I buy 240 grit individually wrapped from Sally's and I send customers home with them.

They are not expensive and hygienic and also less disinfecting for me. My customers love it.

Some of them bring their files with them for their next appointments so I just spray it with the Mundo file disinfecting spray and off we go again x

That's a great idea x

On a totally off topic note...who would like to send me a BUNCH of Mundo products. we don't really have anything (not that i can find) as useful as some of their products!

I retail a few nail files, some cheap higher grit for toes and pretty patterned files for fingernails. But I also retail glass nail files because that's what I use on my clients - I do expensive Swarovski ones for adults at £10 and I do cheap ones for little girls that aren't so posh for £3.50

I always like to offer a range :)

Latest posts

Back