Retailing Scentsations-which sizes do you use/retail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlawlessBeauty

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Some of you may have seen my recent solar oil thread and will know that i am working towards improving my customer experience through retail.

I've been going through plenty of scentsations threads, which have been really helpful, but haven't answered all of my questions.

What size do you prefer to use in the salon and what size do you find is the best for retail?

I'm unsure whether to get the largest size to work with, or get the medium sizes so i can change with the seasons.

I think i'm going to get 3 and get the same scents for retail. Probably Citrus & Green tea, Mango & Coconut and Vanilla Shimmer.

Do you retail both the 59ml and 245ml or just one?

I was just going to begin with the hand creams, but would you recommend also selling the hand wash or has this not gone as well for you?

All answers gratefully received! xx

Hi geeks,

Some of you may have seen my recent solar oil thread and will know that i am working towards improving my customer experience through retail.

I've been going through plenty of scentsations threads, which have been really helpful, but haven't answered all of my questions.

What size do you prefer to use in the salon and what size do you find is the best for retail?

I'm unsure whether to get the largest size to work with, or get the medium sizes so i can change with the seasons.

I think i'm going to get 3 and get the same scents for retail. Probably Citrus & Green tea, Mango & Coconut and Vanilla Shimmer.

Do you retail both the 59ml and 245ml or just one?

I was just going to begin with the hand creams, but would you recommend also selling the hand wash or has this not gone as well for you?

All answers gratefully received! xx

I'm using the medium size hand creams + soaps. I retail both 59ml and 245ml + the soaps.
As i'm mobile, i carry 1 handcream + soap, & the retail items for that scent.
After the cuticle-work, i ask the client to wash her hands, offering her my soap and a nailbrush.... they all go like "Whaaaaw, that smells sooo good ;-)"
Pretty easy to sell the soap + hand cream :wink2:

Normally, what i use on the clients is what i sell...

Great, thanks Conny! I wasn't sure if the hand wash would sell particularly well, but i know that i personally am a sucker for anything that smells nice, so that sounds like a brilliant idea xx

I retail the 245ml size in washes and lotion :) my two favs are black cherry and nutmeg and mango and coconut

Thanks for your input Amelia. Have you ever thought about retailing the smaller sizes...sort of like one for home and one for your handbag? xx

It works out better value to buy the larger size I retail them at £12 and clients are quite happy to pay £12 for that size hand cream as its quite large. We're the small size I would retail for £6 they would rather pay double the price but get 4 times more product :)

Perfect...decision made. Thankyou both so much for taking the time to help me out xx

Latest posts

Back