Retailing Vinylux to customers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pittas99

The Foot Spa Cyprus
Reaction score
My self and my friend are considering whether to retail Vinylux to our customers. She is concerned that if we sell this product our customers will just paint their hands at home and not come to the salon for regular manicures!
Just to give some additional background to our set up it is worth mentioning that we deal mainly with tourists ( we live in Cyprus ) though many of our customers are regulars ie tourists that return twice a year or ' long stayers' which are people that stay for 4 - 6 months.
Any thoughts welcome please? X

I think most posters on here will say otherwise. For me I have had 2 things happen with Vinylux. Firstly I have clients who have bought it to top up their Shellac, or to paint their nails to match their Shellac. Then there's the client who used to come once a fortnight to have her nails painted, then did them herself at home on alternating weeks, who is so impressed with the longevity of Vinylux that she now can't be fagged doing them at home, and comes weekly. I have no negatives. It's just like saying clients won't come for a manicure because you can buy varnish in Boots - except it's professional only, so they have to buy it from you!!!

Retailing give you more of a margin of profit as you don't have to spend the time doing the treatment! It works both ways and they will be back to buy more from you...
Therapists have retailed polishes for years with no detriment to their business x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

ive had clients buying it to do their toes as they only have their fingers done with me, clients who have their toes done with me and paint their own nails now buy vinylux from me as well as those who buy to top up their shellac so what im saying is clients are still coming to get something done BUT they are ALSO buying from me x

Ditto to all the above

I have clients who have had vinylux done and love it and for these I charge £30 for a vinylux manicure, then they take home the remainder of the bottle and top coat.

I have clients who come to me for waxing and facials that buy vinylux (perfect as they never come to me for mani & pedi anyway)

My shellac clients buy it for a back up for their holidays, toes etc.

This week I had one of my regular clients who has been coming to me for Shellac for over a year. She is booked for an elective cesearian section in two weeks but her last baby came two weeks too early so I persuaded her to have vinylux last time incase the same happened again and this week she had vinylux and she purchased over a £100 worth to take away. In her own words "as soon as possible, I will go back to shellac as I love it, but this will see me through in the meantime"

I have found no negatives with vinylux and trust me I was sceptical at first as I had a rack full of colour & effects sitting on my wall practically untouched in the last year.

H xx

Thank you for your replies xxx

Latest posts

Back