Return to work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eloise86

Eloise86
Reaction score
So I’m having a baby in July, having 14 weeks off and coming back and baby girl is going to a childminder. Obviously this is a whole new world to me...
I was going to do
10-6 on a Tuesday
9-5 on a Wednesday
9-12 every other Friday morning
And Saturdays 8:30 - 4pm with one a month off...
am I being naive? Is it too much to start back with?
I’m worried incase bubba is ill having to cancel ppl?
Any advice? I’m a self employed hairdresser working from a home salon

Depends if you breast feeding I would say this could be challenging .
Tuesday is a full day 8hours but if you can manage then go for it.
Your clients will understand and I’m sure you will work out what is best for yourself as a new mum.

And congratulations on having a baby and wishing you such a wonderful time as a new mum!!!

If I breastfeed I think I’ll only do it for a couple of weeks.... it’s so scary and I feel so out of control of everything. I just fear if baby is ill I’ll have to re schedule ppl, a full 8 hours worth of clients on the Tuesday Wednesday to fit in elsewhere is quite a lot.. (assuming I will still have a full column left when I come back![emoji51])
Thank you [emoji4]xx

I think you’re best waiting until she’s here before finalising any plans as babies have a habit of disrupting them. ;)
Also, tiny babies don’t always sleep consistently so I’d recommend easing yourself in very gently. Obviously having your daytime childcare organised is great, but if you get sleep deprived at night, it can really take its toll.
Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and try not to worry. :)

I think you’re best waiting until she’s here before finalising any plans as babies have a habit of disrupting them. ;)
Also, tiny babies don’t always sleep consistently so I’d recommend easing yourself in very gently. Obviously having your daytime childcare organised is great, but if you get sleep deprived at night, it can really take its toll.
Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and try not to worry. :)

Yes you’re right, I’m so used to having everything organised and under control I think I’m going to have a rude awakening [emoji51]. Xx

Latest posts

Back