Reuseable nail forms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmaspeers

Reaction score
I wanted to try scuplting... i ahve everything i need and have bought reuseable nail forms from sallys BUT i just tried to fit them on me and altho i can get them so they r straight etc and watched lotsa videos and read tutorials etc, when i look face on to the nail i can see a cpl of tiny gps between the nail and the form, very small but there and no matter which way i use it or move it they dont go... any suggestions?

Have you tried rolling the form to make it more rounded before applying?
I sometimes use the end of my brush to push the form up slightly(if that makes sense)
What type of form are you using? I find that happens when using horse shoe form! Try the forms from cnd they are brill:) I can apply easily everytime now:)

ignore last post, blame it on late night! Missed the reuseable part of post:lol:

yeh like i ay eruseable, so they r already shaped - i have only tried fitting no intention just yet as no time, just wanted to see how ez it was... but looking at my nail plates they arent very round face on, they r slightly squared, i did think about using a tool to push form against the nail but they dont seem to move they just kind of go back... does it matter if there is the odd tiny gap or do they have to be perfectly touching? I paid 6.99 for them (not the earth but still) so reluctant to buy any just yet... i only rly got them to just have a go... not intending to offer it as yet

yeh like i ay eruseable, so they r already shaped - i have only tried fitting no intention just yet as no time, just wanted to see how ez it was... but looking at my nail plates they arent very round face on, they r slightly squared, i did think about using a tool to push form against the nail but they dont seem to move they just kind of go back... does it matter if there is the odd tiny gap or do they have to be perfectly touching? I paid 6.99 for them (not the earth but still) so reluctant to buy any just yet... i only rly got them to just have a go... not intending to offer it as yet

When sculpting on a form wheather it be re-usable or disposable the rules are the same. If you have a flat nail bed, deep side walls (square) or very bitten, I would never bother sculpting as you would en****er problems as you are saying above, so why not use a tip,, and it will be easier quicker and look better,,honestly. Not all nails are suited to sree form sculpting and it does not make the nails better or mean the tech is bad if she/he uses a tip.

xx

Thats gr8 advice thanks - like i say was just trying em on me to see how the form worked... prob not got the best nails to try it out on then, i had bitten my nails for yrs and only stoppped in last 6 mths, they look sooo much better but think from all the yrs of biting def affected the shape... i have a friend wit perfect nails, maybe ill try and look at the form on her and see if i can fit them better, then ill no if its me lol... after seein this technique i am just desperate to give it a go lol... just bein impatient!

Emma just keep trying I trained with tip and overlay went home got my tips out and never even used them really. I sat with my forms and thought mmmmm and I tried and practised and practised, sat on salon geek, watched vids asked questions etc

I faced problem after problem but never gave up dont think of it as a bad thing,,just be willing to learn and listen. Rock an roll the form mould it to the natural nail, with no gaps, look down the barrel it should be flush?? use a good form the gold horse shoe ones are poor,, I find cnd the best but others are prob available, reusable ones are not as flexible.

keep trying thats whats makes us good xx

I have used the reusable forms and they are difficult to use. You can get them to sit right in the end but usually they take a bit of getting used to. The main problem I found about them is that they generally cost more in the long run as they break quite easily after a few uses and you cannot buy them individually to replace the size that has broken.

Have a look on Youtube or Young Nails site, you will find video tutorials there by Greg Salo, there is at least one where he shows how to fit a form properly and you will be able to play it over and over again until you get the hang of it. This has helped a lot of girls already so I hope it helps you too.

I started years ago with tips but find sculpting quicker. As Katie has said there is no problem fitting tips, but you would have to have the right type and shape of tip for that to fit correctly and that's where I got fed up with them. :green:

Latest posts

Back