Review of Tigi colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottydolly

Reaction score
the salon i work in is considering changing to tigi colour. . . just wondering who has used it or uses it in there salons and if u cud give some feedback? x

Don't do it! I went over to Tigi last year and it was awful. I lasted 3 months, 3 lots of training, with me phoning them to remove all the stock from the salon.

The reds are lack lustre, coppers insipid, it gives translucent grey coverage and not one colour true to swatch. The toners last one wash. The whole range is uninspiring and boring. We do 30+ colours a week in our salon and the whole experience seriously made me fear for my business. There was not one colour I did not have to re-do. I have a good reputation for colouring (I worked for years solely as a colour tech) and have a good knowledge of colour but I could not make these colours work.

When I finally told them to remove the stock from my salon I had 2 reps, 1 manager, head office and 2 trainers try to convince me otherwise. I had the trainer back in and out of the 4 models we had in 3 went wrong with the trainer there!

The bleach is fab though. :)

eeeeek i will have to tell my boss.. . we have sum1 comin in to do a demo. . . on three different folk, one grey coverage, one red and one brown. . . i am terrified cos i love wella so. . . lol x

long live wella!!!

a stylist i work with has used tigi and was unimpressed too. good luck!!

why do they want to change?

long live wella!!!

a stylist i work with has used tigi and was unimpressed too. good luck!!

why do they want to change?

Probably because Tigi do fabulously cheap deals! Don't make them any good though. :wink2:

she is just open to new stuff, we use tigi products in salon, and we live in a medium sized town where nearly every salon uses wella, so she is gonna see if she thinks that tigi are any good so we can be different, but the more i hear the more im like AW HELL NAW x

any one else anything to add? lol. . . i keep praying for a positive but dont seem to be happeniong LOL x

Hey! We use Tigi in our salon and are the only ones in the whole area who do,to be honest I prefer Wella,I find the colours rather flat with no shine and rather complicated.
x

thanks rach!!! it not sounding good at all is it folks hahah, well i will see if im wowed by the rep when she comes in to do a demo, hopefully it all works out ok, i will let yas know tho x

well u guyz, we had our training today to show us the colour in action for the first time. . . i did a chocolate brown semi and it was really really glossy. . . a colleague turned a client from blonde to copper with some very suttle highlights and we then had the owner do her mothers hair for grey coverage. . .not one thing went wrong and every client was delighted.
we have been told we will get quarterly training sessions both in salon and external in with it as standard and we are really gonna give it a try. . .
it exciting and scary but well, it worth a shot, especially when we were all impressed . . . didnt know what to expect. . i love the consitency of the colours to, it spreads over the hair alot easier than wella. . .
will keep u guyz posted on future developments x

well u guyz, we had our training today to show us the colour in action for the first time. . . i did a chocolate brown semi and it was really really glossy. . . a colleague turned a client from blonde to copper with some very suttle highlights and we then had the owner do her mothers hair for grey coverage. . .not one thing went wrong and every client was delighted.
we have been told we will get quarterly training sessions both in salon and external in with it as standard and we are really gonna give it a try. . .
it exciting and scary but well, it worth a shot, especially when we were all impressed . . . didnt know what to expect. . i love the consitency of the colours to, it spreads over the hair alot easier than wella. . .
will keep u guyz posted on future developments x

Hi well i use it dont think much to the col but the bleach is brill and my clients love the pineapple smell Donna:green:

thankf for the feedback, will keep this post informed on any further opions i have x

thankf for the feedback, will keep this post informed on any further opions i have x

I'm glad to hear you are getting on well with it. I think it is ideal for the younger generation as the staying power isn't great. Most younger clients want a different colour each time so it could work well in that market.

I have a much wider clientèle, I needed better coverage, staying power and reliability.

It's all horses for courses. What one stylist needs for their clientèle could be the opposite for another stylist.

Good luck with it and keep us posted on your thoughts and discoveries!

i will indeed, we makin the big transition in about 3 or 4 weeks once we had another practical and theory day. . . oh im scared after all the neg reviews tho LOL

yeah!!!! viva la wella!!!! i can c wat u mean scotty the wella tints culd spread outa bit beta lol:lick:

ohhh nooo im thinking of getting tigi colour in my salon becouse i thought it was good. now im scared. scotty how are you guys doing with it in your salon?

heyyyy were doing grande thanks. . . we are still gettin used to the fact that the radiant gloss semis are indeed jus that, a gloss of colour. . .colour touch has alot more oomph to them and i can defo see the difference between semi and quazi now, the tints i cant really fault as yet!!! we still gettin our creative heads on every day and it really has encouraged us to break out of our normal samey routines and mix alot more!! dont be scared of the unknown, and remember if u dont like it u can always change back, but i dont think we are haha x

what do you mean? so radiant gloss are flat but glossy? im using loreal in the salon so changing from that to another is scary. all my client are poshy rich old farts and always expect to look like models wen they walk out which they do lol so i cant afford to use a crap colour company. keep me posted plzzzz :D

no, well i mean they can be flat if u want them to be haha i mean like colour touch was more solid colour, like sumtimes it cud look tinted wit colour touch, but with radiant gloss it is notably different and less. . . well coloured, but they are designed to be this way so yeah hahaha well u will obv get a colour rep to come to salon and u and ur staff shud all do a model using a different aspect of there colour before u decide like we did x

oh my god you have confused me big time lol i didnt understand anything haha.... so you guys like them? no problems so far with tigi colour?

Latest posts

Back