Ridges/uneven toe nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellabeautie

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Today, I tried Minx for the first time. I found it quite difficult though because on my big toes, the Minx would not go on properly because I have quite deep ridges on them. I did try to buff them but it didnt work. The Minx is all crinkly :cry: So I am taking the whole lot off and starting again.
How would you get around this if a client came in for Minx and had ridged or uneven toe nails?
I was thinking of doing gel toes first then applying Minx, which would proberly work and is fine for me....but if a client came in they prob wouldnt be happy having to pay for gel toes too.

Thanks xx

Hi Geeks,

Today, I tried Minx for the first time. I found it quite difficult though because on my big toes, the Minx would not go on properly because I have quite deep ridges on them. I did try to buff them but it didnt work. The Minx is all crinkly :cry: So I am taking the whole lot off and starting again.
How would you get around this if a client came in for Minx and had ridged or uneven toe nails?
I was thinking of doing gel toes first then applying Minx, which would proberly work and is fine for me....but if a client came in they prob wouldnt be happy having to pay for gel toes too.

Thanks xx

BUT ... that is what they would have to do.

Minx are only successful on the right surface and if a client has not got it then don't do it OR make that surface right for them. No use beating round the bush about it. It is their choice. No product suits absolutely everyone ... you can make the surface right for a client but I wouldn't even attempt to put Minx on an uneven surface ... waste of time.

Excellent, thanks for the reply. At least I know the right answer now :) I knew I shouldnt of bothered doing my toes, but I think I was too excited not to!!! Will take this off and do gel toes tomorrow and re apply. Thanks :)

If it was only the big toe(s) that was ridged, I would only apply gel onto that toe(s), and as it's being hidden by the minx anyway you wouldn't need to apply the white tip, so it would only take a few minutes to do and would only cost a few pounds extra on top of the cost of the minx. hth

Latest posts

Back