Rinsing off exfoliant products???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I'm mobile I am often working in my clients kitchen. I use SolarManicure and then me and my client go to the sink where she rinses her hands and I dry them in my clean towel, I then rinse my hands too and we go and sit back down and carry on with the manicure.

Reading this thread makes me think I should I change this? My only issue with removing with a towel is that the salt crystals go everywhere - I think the client would rather go to the sink and rinse than have to sweep salt off the floor once I've gone...... I have thought about it!

All opinions welcome!

I use the Spa manicure which has the crystal activator so don't have the problem of granules/salt but I think my method may help you.
I soak 5 flannels in water before the treatment and fold them into small oblongs, I then put these into the microwave for 2 mins before I start. At the point in the treatment when I require them I give them another 2 mins and and take them to my table in a bowl. They are very hot at this point but I just shake them out to cool a bit. 2 for each hand/arm and one for my hands.
It feels lovely and fresh and everyone likes it. If they dont have a microwave I just have to prepare them with hot water.
HTH:)

Personally when i do manicures mobile or at home I take the exfoliant off with mitts and a big bowl. However when I worked at a salon they did not have a big bowl to do this. I wouldn't say I was lazy to get them to do it themselves but i do think it defeats the whole pampering idea. Also when doing a manicure/pedicure/nail extensions they were done right next to the hairdressers so in the middle of the salon - not nice if you had to tell them they had a fungal infection or something!

Latest posts

Back