RIO UV nail home kit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmicbabe

Reaction score
:confused:please can someone tell me if Rio UV nail home kit is good?

in a word NO!! xx

It is an over the counter product, for the untrained....so therefore

NO

I don't mean to be blunt....but this is a forum for Nail Professionals....therefore we wouldn't be seen dead using this product.

Dont touch it with a bargepole! Its NOT a professional system, therefore you will NOT get professional results with it. I dont think a single tech on this site would reccomend you get one.

Anything that is available to the public i.e Rio, through Boots, Argos or other retail stores isn't even worth looking at.

Put the money towards some professional training with a recognised company :) x

Are you joking? I ask as you've been a member since August last year, so you must have picked up by now that it is not a good system and is only used by Joe Bloggs on the street.

Invest in some proper training hun, you can do some serious damage with one of these kits and no knowledge.

thank you i'm asking becouse i have a client who ask about it and i did not no it so i did not say.

I train at a college:green::lol:

thank you i'm asking becouse i have a client how ask about it and i did not no it so i did not say.

a client asked about it? are you prepared to lose a client to a rio kit? get her told!! x

thank you i'm asking becouse i have a client how ask about it and i did not no it so i did not say.

Asked and answered. Glad we could help.

Great to see us all in unison there geeks.

An unprofessional system which is absolute pants ... if you know what's good for you, you'll leave well alone.

Karen,don't hold back hun,say what you really think :lol:

Well to echo everyone else a big NO NO

I bought one at first and its just a waste of money and it doesnt teach you properly i threw all mine in the bin and I can honestly say I wish I never bought it in the first place

DON'T BUY IT TRUST ME.

Angela

oh please don't even go there

what a waste of money

this product is too crappy for words

I think you get the message here!!

Well done for training at a college, it's amazing I had a client who had a rio kit and liked to do her own rebalancing, she has since got rid and lets me do it now!!

Teri x:hug:

This 'kit' is sold in Argos... enough said?!?!

Perhaps you could fill in your profile a bit more so we can learn more about you? Loads of great information available on the geek site, but it does help us to help you if we know more about exactly what it is you are doing at college, your hobbies and interests etc.... xx

I would not recommend it at all - a friend of mine (not a tech) bought one cause she thought she could get her sister to put extensions on for her to save her money!! Anyway she took it back pretty soon after as she said it was rubbish! She now comes to me to have her nails done. I really felt like saying 'teach you to be a cheap skate' to her but had to bite my tongue.

I had a client bring one to her rebalance appointment once. It was bought for her by a friend who thought she could save money by doing them herself. She asked if it was anygood and you know me lol, I didn't beat around the bush, I said NO outright.

She still comes to have her nails done but uses it (or did) on her toes. She has occasionally used it to patch up a nail if she cant get to me (Grrrr). Any nails that she has patched up I remove and charge for a new nail at every app, she soon got the message as if it just needs a small repair then I would do that with my normal maintenenace charge but if there was any gel on top of a broken nail, off it came!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She bought a pot of white gel from a website but it wasnt white white like I use so I dont think she has used it since.

She has said she will leave the care of her NN to me from now on as it's worth the money to have them look good. She has referred at least 2 people to me in the space of a week so she must be happy with what I do.

I had a glib answer to your question but this seems to cover what I was going to say.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Latest posts

Back