Rockstar nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaz1508

Reaction score
hi can anyone help??

just done my first set of rockstar nails using holograpic glitter and it was rough, i had to slightly buff the nails then apply top coat is the correct way to do it???

can anyone advise please karen.

Iv just done my first set of rockstars too I have done them on myself and some of mine feel rough but I have only put one coat of topcoat on. I think you should put on 2 coats of topcoat on to make it smooth?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Maybe its the way you apply the glitter as on my left hand I brushed the glitter on and they are smooth & on my right hand I sprinkled the glitter on & it feels rough.

hi thanks for you replies i used a brush to put the glitter on so maybe next time i will sprinkle.

Hi guys!

I apply top coat, wipe, buff with block gentally to make smooth, then apply another top coat, makes them all smooth. You could give this a try it works for me xx

Rock stars have been so popular for me over Christmas. I apply base coat, cure, brush on glue, brush over with a fan brush then press lightly on the nail with my finger. Do the same for another coat and then apply two top coats, looks amazing!

I do base cure, maybe a colour cure the using a brush brush on the glitter in to the stickly layer. when all fingers done go back to first give a good brush to wipe off excess glitter and any glitter from round fingers and then one top coat and cure and mine are lovely and smooth hehe.

thank you for all your help and the video you have posted it was very helpful :p i will now try this next time.
thanks kaz

This is how I do mine except I cure the polish before adding the glitter. You can then press on the glitter better without moving the polish underneath. By pressing the glitter you get a different look than unpressed. I think it looks more foil like when pressed. I learned this from Young Nails this past summer at a Hair and Nail show.

Experiment using a darker or full coverage glitter as first coat and adding a sheerer glitter over it for another fun look. You will need to add a layer of sheer polish in between these layers of glitter. Or do a fade by applying one color near the cuticle area and another color on the free edge. Endless possibilities.

Quick question, if i did glitter acrylics can I call it 'rockstar acrylics?'

or is it just a gel thing?

Hi donna when you say you press on the glitter do you just use your finger? & can you explain a little more about how to do the fading, I'm new to shellac and that sounds like something I'd like to try!

Latest posts

Back