Rockstar Shellac French - how do I avoid dragging glitter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treacle44

Reaction score
I've been asked to do shellac French manicure with the white tips coated with glitter. I had a play around and applied the glitter to the cured Cream Puff, but once I applied topcoat, it dragged the glitter off a bit and it ended up on the negligee too.

Apart from cleaning the brush each time, is there any other way to do this?

I've been asked to do shellac French manicure with the white tips coated with glitter. I had a play around and applied the glitter to the cured Cream Puff, but once I applied topcoat, it dragged the glitter off a bit and it ended up on the negligee too.

Apart from cleaning the brush each time, is there any other way to do this?

I had this problem but Fingernail Fixer sorted this out by 'inventing' (well maybe not, but she is FAB!) glitter paste.

Just mix some glitter with a blob of top coat on a tile or pastic pad (I used the Shellac Wrap tabs), mix together and place where you want it. Cure and top coat - job done :biggrin:

I had this problem but Fingernail Fixer sorted this out by 'inventing' (well maybe not, but she is FAB!) glitter paste.

Just mix some glitter with a blob of top coat on a tile or pastic pad (I used the Shellac Wrap tabs), mix together and place where you want it. Cure and top coat - job done :biggrin:

I've never tried it this way, but have seen that video of making the paste. I imagine it to want to be thick in consistency, how do you get it on as french nicely so it doesn't end up chipping?

Could you not try topcoat in just the French area then cure, then topcoat again over the lot? X

Could you not try topcoat in just the French area then cure, then topcoat again over the lot? X

I do this too with Gelish otherwise you can't help getting glitter everywhere.

Thanks for the suggestiOns I've tried the glitter paste before and it had been a bit thick, so I'll give the just topcoat the tip suggestion, that should work perfectly x

Has anybody got the link to this video that the fingernail fixer did?

Thanks for the suggestiOns I've tried the glitter paste before and it had been a bit thick, so I'll give the just topcoat the tip suggestion, that should work perfectly x

The other thing you could do is use one of the glitter Shellac colours just on the tips...Zillionaire, Silver VIP etc.

I have only done french with the glitter paste once, and it was on me. I had no problems with thick tips as I only put a very thin layer on, but made sure it was heavy on the glitter.

Let us know how you get on :cool:

I don't have a specific link, but holly, fingernail fixer is on fb and has a blog on (i think) nailsmag.com
If you search rockstar shellac on nailsmag, it should pop up.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Will have a look on there, love all the videos that iv seen of hers I think she's just brilliant!

Do you wipe the tacky layer before applying the first top coat to the tip? X

For glittler tips I usually dip my brush in top coat then the glitter and apply to the tip, then cute, then top coat the whole lot, works for me but hollys video looks great so might try that way too xx

Latest posts

Back