Rockstar toes! Post your pics too

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kirstylove they are gorgeous nails what paint do you use to do your nail art :)

Dee 015.jpg

My First set of French Rockstar

Looking for some bright rainbow glitter colours can anyone help? thanks x

Love the pink glitter, where is it from? Xx

xxx

Thank you I got it from a craft show a few years ago can't remember what they are called sorry

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345111722.511477.jpg
RockStar toes I done this morning :)

I have just tried to do rockstar nails using Gellux. I out on the fast bond, then base and cured and then a layer of colour and cured and then applied gently the glitter with a brush pressing it down to the sticky layer but it didn't apply very thickly and lots came off looking a bit patchy. I then applied a layer of topcoat and cured. Does anyone have any recommendations of where I have gone wrong or is it best to apply the glitter to uncured colour so it sticks better and then cure?

I have just tried to do rockstar nails using Gellux. I out on the fast bond, then base and cured and then a layer of colour and cured and then applied gently the glitter with a brush pressing it down to the sticky layer but it didn't apply very thickly and lots came off looking a bit patchy. I then applied a layer of topcoat and cured. Does anyone have any recommendations of where I have gone wrong or is it best to apply the glitter to uncured colour so it sticks better and then cure?

It's trial & error Hun, keep practising! I too tried the method you have just tried & didn't particularly like it so this is how I do my RockStar nails
Normal pep of nails
Foundation
Paint on colour layer (don't cure)
Lay down glitter with a soft brush pat into uncured gel then I go over with my ring finger to ensure all the pieces lay flat
Cure in uv lamp for 3 mins
Dust of any excess with soft brush
Clear top layer & cure
Most times I do a second coat of clear to ensure its totally smooth

Everyone's different though! I prefer the glittery look rather than the foil look & my way gives a real glittery bling!
Give it a try hun & see what you think x

My first Rockstar toes!!
561395f3-d6b7-55fa.jpg

It's trial & error Hun, keep practising! I too tried the method you have just tried & didn't particularly like it so this is how I do my RockStar nails
Normal pep of nails
Foundation
Paint on colour layer (don't cure)
Lay down glitter with a soft brush pat into uncured gel then I go over with my ring finger to ensure all the pieces lay flat
Cure in uv lamp for 3 mins
Dust of any excess with soft brush
Clear top layer & cure
Most times I do a second coat of clear to ensure its totally smooth

Everyone's different though! I prefer the glittery look rather than the foil look & my way gives a real glittery bling!
Give it a try hun & see what you think x

Hi, thank you SO much! I have watched a number of youtube videos and thought I was doing something wrong. Will give your way a go :)

Did these this morning. Really need to get some soft landing towels because I now have glitter all over my toes and floor lol. Got the glitter on eBay xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345204766.634457.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345204766.634457.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 383
Heres my first go at a few colours... I find it card to take pictures as the glitter doesnt sparkle as much in real life!

WOW I just love those sandals.

the toes are very pretty too!

I do the same as Jojo. I found putting glitter on cured coat a nightmare, it just didn't stick and I prefer the blingy look too!

Heres my first go at a few colours... I find it card to take pictures as the glitter doesnt sparkle as much in real life!

Jemma what's that one in the middle, like a pewter/dark silver? I want!! Xx

Client wanted toes to match her pendant, always up for a challenge!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345290346.715276.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345290346.715276.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 451

Absolutely gorgeous!! These will be my next ones :) beautiful!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

These are lovely, wish you lived near me I would def like those :)

Latest posts

Back