Rockstar toes! Post your pics too

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love the black and gold with diamontes!!i may have to do these on myself lol x

Here are the matching fingers I did ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345747437.646213.jpg

Hi all
I'm new to this site (what a fab! Sire) and have been doing bio sculpture nails for over a year. I'm lovin the rockstar nails and really want to do them and was wondering if anyone has done them with the bio sculpture gel. If so, can someone kindly guide me on how to do them? The threads I have seen are mostly shellac.

Many thanks

Hi all
I'm new to this site (what a fab! Sire) and have been doing bio sculpture nails for over a year. I'm lovin the rockstar nails and really want to do them and was wondering if anyone has done them with the bio sculpture gel. If so, can someone kindly guide me on how to do them? The threads I have seen are mostly shellac.

Many thanks

it is the same principles no matter what system you are using hun, i do it in bio and shellac,

here is procedure for bio
1. prep
2. clear gel and cure
3. colour coat and cure (similar colour to glitter)
4.scrub glitter into cured gel using brush making sure that no glitter is in side walls and really scrubbing glitter in for a flat finish,
5. top coat and cure - this could be sgel/flexi/clear whichever works for you
6. dual cleanse and finish - if you havent scrubbed glitter in and dont have a flat finish you may need another top coat, this could just be regular polish top coat or a gel layer, you will feel if it is bumpy when you dual cleanse

xx

Does anyone do Rockstar with brisa gel? I've only done it with Shellac so far but I'm doing my Brisa conversion tomorrow :) x

What kind of brush do you all use for this? As I always seem to end up with glitter on the fingers/toes? Xxx

What kind of brush do you all use for this? As I always seem to end up with glitter on the fingers/toes? Xxx

I just use a small brush that was in my nail art brush set I bought on eBay. I then brush off as much glitter as possible that gets on fingers or toes with a fan brush. No matter what there is always a few stray bits of glitter.

xxx

Those that use the CND irresistible glitters - the white holographic glitter - when doing a Rockstar with this - would you put it over a clear or over a white? I have another white glitter (cheap eBay one) and put it over white and there was no sparkle :( you couldn't see any glitter. I normally put the glitters over a colour, I'm thinking maybe white needs to be over a clear? Has anyone tried it? X

Those that use the CND irresistible glitters - the white holographic glitter - when doing a Rockstar with this - would you put it over a clear or over a white? I have another white glitter (cheap eBay one) and put it over white and there was no sparkle :( you couldn't see any glitter. I normally put the glitters over a colour, I'm thinking maybe white needs to be over a clear? Has anyone tried it? X

Yep, I've tried it! It's my most popular glitter! Over white it's bright and sparkly, but over any other colour it changes to a glittery version of what's underneath if that makes sense? Over black it goes green though! It's great.
These are all over Shellac..first pic is over Cream Puff, second over Hollywood, third over Blackpool and last one over Tutti Frutti. Hth xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346600184.383975.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346600184.383975.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 390
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346600206.190460.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346600206.190460.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 388
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346600239.250465.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346600239.250465.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 421
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346600281.136983.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346600281.136983.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 396
Yep, I've tried it! It's my most popular glitter! Over white it's bright and sparkly, but over any other colour it changes to a glittery version of what's underneath if that makes sense? Over black it goes green though! It's great.
These are all over Shellac..first pic is over Cream Puff, second over Hollywood, third over Blackpool and last one over Tutti Frutti. Hth xx

Perfect... Just what I wanted, thanks so much Wendy xxx

Last edited:
Love the toes Wendy; that flower is so cute! <3

if a colour doesnt seem to have much sparkle then add some!! i have a black glitter but you can never see sparkle as it is too flat a colour so i add silver to it only a bit into the pot at a time but it makes all the difference xx

if a colour doesnt seem to have much sparkle then add some!! i have a black glitter but you can never see sparkle as it is too flat a colour so i add silver to it only a bit into the pot at a time but it makes all the difference xx

Will try that with my cheap white... Thanks :) x

My first ever set of rockstar toes for my mum's holiday :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346614824.933281.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346614824.933281.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 292
Love these :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346621200.495999.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346621200.495999.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 334

Love the marbling!!! What colours have you used? x

My first ever set of rockstar toes for my mum's holiday :)

Geeks any advice as to how to get the finish of rockstars as smooth as possible? My mum has decided that she wants me to do her fingers to match tonight but she is the worst for picking; it'll be too much effort for her to pick it off her toes but I know if there's any texture to her fingers it'll be off within days :D!

Thank you X

Love the marbling!!! What colours have you used? x

Hi Lucy. I assume you mean the white ones? It's Shellac tutti frutti, hotski to tchotchke and asphalt . Little spots of each marbled together! Hth x

Latest posts

Back