room in tattoo shop dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buttonmoon

me and b/f are friends with the guys in a local tattoo shop

b/f went round on friday and while he was there he asked if he could drop some flyers off for me nxt time he was in (bless-trying to get me some business)

i am mobile by the way

one of the guys asked what the leaflets were for
he told them i was a nail tech
he said tell her to come and work in the back room

apparently there was a girl just sacked there (too many complaints about her! lol- the girl on reception showed my b/f her nails that she had done and b/f said they were a mess!)

i had her price list (gathering info when i started) she was charging £20 for full set and 1hr to do it in (£10 infills and 30mins!!)
her price lists said 'so n so's beauty @ the tattoo shop'

he siad he didnt want any money for the room as it was good for business

but the other girl done all kinds of beauty etc

i only do nails and feet

but did he want me to advertise with the tattoo shops name on or was it just good for business in general??
i dont want to advertise with them as my flyers are fab and cost a fortune

im doing well as it is but wonder if i should book all my appts together and leave 1 day to go in the shop

but its not in a very good area
wonder if they will have the money to spare for nails?
then again, they have money to go out every weekend and get drunk!
lol

will it be worth it??

and how would i advertise that i will be in the tattoo shop once a week??
little printed notes or something??

sorry its so long but ive just got up and havent woke up yet so hope it all made sense

xxx

If he's not wanting any money for the room, why not give it a go just for a couple of weeks and see how you get on? You never know, it might take off really well Good luck,if you decide to go for it !!

Hi Button,

I would speak to the owner first and just find out exactly how you guys are going to work it or there could be alot of confusion. This way you know where you stand with him and you can also say that you've spent a rather large amount on your leaflets as it is and you aren't going to change them in a hurry for something so part time and something you're not 100% positive is actually going to take off! Well this is what I would do really, hope it works out for you hun, let us know how it goes! :hug:

xxxx

I don't see any reason not to give it a try. Just make sure you first get the arrangements in writing to curb any confusion later.

Tattoos aren't cheap and neither is piercing which is usually also done in the tattoo parlors here. Those folks who go for body art might be very interested in some avant garde nail art to compliment their look. Make sure you have some black and darker colors of l&p and polish on hand at first as well as a few dangles and such for pierced nail art.

If you haven't seen it already, call Creative and have them send you a copy of their Fashion Focus summer/2005 booklet that went out with Nails Magazine. It has lots of club/punk ideas for nails.

Latest posts

Back