Room renting/licences etc


Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.


Well-Known Member
Aug 12, 2013
Reaction score
Hi Geeks
I've recently began to rent a room in a local salon which is going well...
I have a few questions however...

I have insurance through the Guild! Does this cover my products incase of break in etc ?

Do I need a licence?? I have seen a few threads with this referenced to...

Thankyou xx
I'm not 100% sure but I know that I have to have a separate insurance for contents. Check with them but I think it will cover you for treatments and public liability as most do.
With regards to a licence, you will need to check with your local council, you should be registered with them to carry out beauty treatments in the area.

Don't mean to frighten you but some councils give out fines if you are not registered, it is worth giving them a ring x

Latest posts