Root colours painted on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't foil now, but when I did for medium hair and length it would be about 30-45 minutes full head. Normal pieces, but at an angle. Sometimes less if hair was long, but not very dense. Sometimes more if dense. (If it was my client with 2 heads of hair instead of one, well Lord knows how long it would take.)

Full head foils I give myself an hour. Will give my girls up to 90 mins.

For foils I have an hour and usually cross out an extra 15 mins extra just in case I go over x

Wow I wish I had a boss that allowed that amount of time. It's because he's so fast (and good) expects me to do it in about 20 minutes!! Myself I take anything from 30 to 45 mins for full head of foils (very close together). Are there any tips to being a bit "faster" without cutting corners ?

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow I wish I had a boss that allowed that amount of time. It's because he's so fast (and good) expects me to do it in about 20 minutes!! Myself I take anything from 30 to 45 mins for full head of foils (very close together). Are there any tips to being a bit "faster" without cutting corners ?

For me good sectioning and having my trolley close to me lol, if it's someone with really thick hair if one of the other girls are free we foil together x

How on earth do you manage that?! I've been hairdressing about 9 years and there's no way I can do it that quick...I'm intrigued

I'm a junior just starting my second year and for the past year in the salon my boss has expected me to do a regrowth application ( not pre lightened ) in 10 minutes .. I rarely do clients in the salon as I have to provide my own clientele and I don't have enough friends haha and the ones I do their hair I prefer doing a homer...

Anyway I usually take about 15-20 at most but I think as someone that's not qualified expecting me to do roots in 10 minutes is a bit much.. Is it just me that feels this?

She said I should be taking no longer as the colour begins to oxidise after 10 minutes xx

30mins for half head 1hr for full head

I find half hour to long for a normal root tint

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

20mins for a full head foils!

I'd be rich!

We do 1hr 40mins, my consultation and mixing is about 15 mins.

Not really a hairdresser lady

Yeah he expects us stylists to be the same. It's really bringing me down. I'm such a perfectionist I'd feel I wouldn't be doing a good enough job compared to my normal timing. I take pride in my work and lately I feel like a factory worker

Is there actually a law abiding rule book on timing? Haha.

Takes me anything from 20-45 mins depending on the density, % of white, etc each client is different.i often judge how long when they've come to book in and have a skin test, so I've got a good idea of their hair xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I take about 1hr 15mins up to 1hr 45mins to do a full head foils, how close are you all putting your foils? I take about 2/3mm sections, weave it and the only piece I leave out before putting the next foil in is the bit that was weaved out of the previous section..

Wow! I've been hairdressing 20 years and still take 1 hour and half for a full head foils and 45 min to an hour for half. In the salon these are also the allotted timings as well. Tint regrowth 15/ 20 minutes.

How do you do a full head of foils in 20 minutes?

I'm the same sugar plum! I'm not the fastest but I kinda feel like it's better to take time and get it right. I guess you have to charge accordingly though for it to work business wise.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I usually get a regrowth tint done in about 15 mins, but I book out 30 as for foils I take anywhere between 45 mins to 1.5 hr depending on how much hair the client has, 20 mins is mad for a full head!?

Depending on hair I take an hour average perhaps even 90mins... there is no point rushing and not doing a good job.. my friend is great at foils take ages another lady I know does them so fast but just not as fine and as much coverage... so long as the clients are happy :)

Sent from my A500 using SalonGeek mobile app

Tint regrowth takes me between 10-15 minutes. Although if they're blonde I like to take even smaller sections that could take me about 20 minutes or more

I think timings all depends on the individual's hair, because I'm mobile I'm not so rushed. I sometimes take 1hr to 2hrs for full head foils again depending on clients hair but like I've seen most of you put I'm a perfectionist and feel uncomfortable rushing it and not doing as good a job x
My clients don't seem to mind getting a numb bum because they are happy with the result 😜 x

Latest posts

Back