Root Perm / lift technique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divalou

Reaction score
Hi guys!

My client is after a root lift perm but i have never done one!

Can anyone tell me the technique for it and which products to use please?

Thanks
lou xxx

hi use clynol root perm lotion this comes out like a gel use big rollers and leave to develop gives lift at the roots very natural looking

Hi,

I use Wella Headline its excellant, not classed as a root perm, but its just for body, doesn't make the hair curly, leaves it in fantastic condition, you can redo it after 6 wekks if need be, but I've got to say I've never needed to. Another bonus is it really quick to do, windinup takes about 25mins as you take huge sections, about 20 rods per head, processing usually 12-15 mins, rinse for 30 secs, neutralise 3 mins, no 2nd neutralise just apply remaining solution after taking rods out, rinse and you're done. I've never had one go wrong. These are all I do now,though not many, no perms ever

Don't tempt fate!!!:!:

i've been asked to do a medium perm just for volume. The lady has long hair to shoulder blades anyone got suggestions on the best way to do this?

Hi,

I use Wella Headline its excellant, not classed as a root perm, but its just for body, doesn't make the hair curly, leaves it in fantastic condition, you can redo it after 6 wekks if need be, but I've got to say I've never needed to. Another bonus is it really quick to do, windinup takes about 25mins as you take huge sections, about 20 rods per head, processing usually 12-15 mins, rinse for 30 secs, neutralise 3 mins, no 2nd neutralise just apply remaining solution after taking rods out, rinse and you're done. I've never had one go wrong. These are all I do now,though not many, no perms ever

Don't tempt fate!!!:!:

hi im after some advice for using wella headlines perm. I normally use wella per form perms when im hairdressing. But im thinking of perming my own hair which is a couple of inches passed my shoulder and layered. If i permed my hair using hair tools conical hair rollers and the headlines perm, would it create a curl?

hi im after some advice for using wella headlines perm. I normally use wella per form perms when im hairdressing. But im thinking of perming my own hair which is a couple of inches passed my shoulder and layered. If i permed my hair using hair tools conical hair rollers and the headlines perm, would it create a curl?

I thought the hair tools conical rollers had Velcro on?? If so not good for perming with as leaves a frizzy patch in hair where contact to Velcro was made....does that make sense? :)

Latest posts

Back