Rose gold chrome nails help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm finding this happens after top coat too, looks super mirror affect when I've burnished the glitter and then the top coat almost gives it a frosted effect :(
They still look pretty but not as chrome as I'd like! I think a lot of pictures that we see on the net are taken before top coat to be honest. Either that or we're doing something wrong!
I think so too!! It's a craze that I hope fades out as soon as it came in as it's driving me mad :o

The problem with the chrome is that the nail has to be absolutely perfect as it shows any imperfections

But a new craze is about to hit us all the holographic pigment

I can't find the glitteraty shop? I know I've been on it before from a link on salon geek, please could you post a link?x

Get some off eBay it's getting really cheap to buy now

The problem with the chrome is that the nail has to be absolutely perfect as it shows any imperfections

But a new craze is about to hit us all the holographic pigment
That's not the issue, it's the shine that is! :o

Show me what yours looks like
This is it.

I was happy with the one on the right... Then i added final top coat and this is what I got.

Attachments

• 1469950508268.jpg
    1469950508268.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 244
What topcoat did u put on it?

And are you floating the topcoat on

It looks like the topcoat moves specks of the chrome that hasn't adhered to the surface fully try rubbing in real hard until it squeaks

It looks like the topcoat moves specks of the chrome that hasn't adhered to the surface fully try rubbing in real hard until it squeaks
I'll give it another whirl tomorrow, thank u!

Do u have many clients that want chrome? I've only got a couple lol

Do u have many clients that want chrome? I've only got a couple lol
Yeah there's loads keep tagging me in videos and asking for it, it's crap having to say no about it!

I'm finding this happens after top coat too, looks super mirror affect when I've burnished the glitter and then the top coat almost gives it a frosted effect :(
They still look pretty but not as chrome as I'd like! I think a lot of pictures that we see on the net are taken before top coat to be honest. Either that or we're doing something wrong!
Hi! I've just signed in here because I saw your comments about having problems with the finish of chrome after top coating it, and I just saw a video tutorial where she explained how you have to use a water based topcoat otherwise it completely takes the chrome affect away- it's by simply nailogical, I hope this helps you guys- I have yet to try chrome but am trying to find the best powder out there to try.. It's not something I'm finding easy to buy in NZ. I wonder if any of the ones on aliexpress are any good? Anyway, please watch her video on the chrome nails, she will make more sense than I am!

Use crystal nails optic shine top coat available on the nail team website. Apply colour, topcoat with optic shine, once set under lamp rub on your chrome powder using an eyeshadow applicator, topcoat again using optic shine. If you use a topcoat that leaves a tacky layer it will hold the glitter and not give that mirror shine like the optic shine top coat does

Just use d sperse and you know when u wipe immediately it's wet, quickly dip your finger in the chrome pigments and rub it into the semi damp/dry nail and rub the pigment in until it squeaks you have to work fast tho! And do this process nail by nail then once all done topcoat again

Thank you for giving us this tip. I have previously tried dry wiping but that is so time consuming. I tried your method today but instead of dipping I tried a silicone tool and an eyeshadow applicator to apply the product to Express 5, after wiping off the inhibition layer.
I used Blackpool, Magpie a beauty Tiara (silver) and Aurora (holo chrome).
I found that the silicone tool removed some of the product as I was trying to 'squeek' but the eyeshadow sponge worked perfectly. But you do have to work very quickly and only wipe with DSperse once (no need to dilute).
I compared results to those using Chroma No Wipe (product is compatible with all gel polish systems, apparently) and they looked identical.
I am very happy with this as I know CND advise you to use the whole system.
Thank you again....I am one happy bunny.

I am sick of dry wiping and still getting a glittery effect, it's certainly not mirror! I dunno what I'm doing wrong.

I've given up :eek:
I'm having this problem!! Did you find a solution?

Thank you for giving us this tip. I have previously tried dry wiping but that is so time consuming. I tried your method today but instead of dipping I tried a silicone tool and an eyeshadow applicator to apply the product to Express 5, after wiping off the inhibition layer.
I used Blackpool, Magpie a beauty Tiara (silver) and Aurora (holo chrome).
I found that the silicone tool removed some of the product as I was trying to 'squeek' but the eyeshadow sponge worked perfectly. But you do have to work very quickly and only wipe with DSperse once (no need to dilute).
I compared results to those using Chroma No Wipe (product is compatible with all gel polish systems, apparently) and they looked identical.
I am very happy with this as I know CND advise you to use the whole system.
Thank you again....I am one happy bunny.
Aww I'm glad and yes u have to work really quickly like have everything ready sponge dipped in to go go go

Back