Rubbish at Rebalances!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelnailz

Reaction score
Hey Geeks

I have no probs at all with new sets and when my clients come back after 2 weeks there are no lifting issues and everythings A ok.

Infilling is no prob but it`s rebalancing that I feel lets me down as a nail tech as I so want the nails to look as good as if I had applied a new set. My enhancements are not too thick so in therory rebalancing the white should be simple. I know what I`m doing but it just seems to take so long and I always seem to end up with shadowing/yellow tinge on the white no matter how much/little product I file away. I just cant seem to get it right.

My business has really taken off after a year of hard work and my reputation is great (so far) so I have alot of infill/backfill appointments which take me around an hour and a half if white s involved where as I can do a new set in an hour, my clients love my new sets but although no one has complained I dont feel my rebalancing is up to scratch in my opinion.

I booked a one to one and it didnt help, how do you guys get on rebalancing?? Do u find it quick and easy?? or is it just me having probs??

xxxxx

I hate rebalancing too...Sometimes it feels like more work than soaking off and doing a new set. I have most of my clients that like french just doing the brisa paint on white and gloss rather than an actual pink and white rebalance. It doesn't take much more time to do than a regular infill, maybe 10 min, and l only charge a few dollars more. The clients don't really care if it looks like an l&p french or a polished on french, that it's not much more and doesn't take long. I do have 2 ladies that still prefer the traditional l&p french look, but that means I only do 2 full rebalances a month. Not too bad :p I'd say try the french gel if you don't already have it, see how clients like it. I'd bet they don't notice much difference in the look and love the shine and shorter appt time!

Oh, you could also try just filing the white completely off, reapplying forms and redo the whites. Some people really like doing it that way and say it's faster. You also wouldn't have to worry about shadowing doing it this way.

Two things are hindering you.
1. You are using a product that yellows and
:hug:2. You are using a product that is HARD and takes much more filing to get it off than say a more sophisticated product like CND which never yellows and which is soft to file.

Maybe time to move on up and make your life easier in the salon.

can the lammers method be used with gel. i love this way,why have i not heard of this before.

Yes, gel is all I do anymore and since I started using this method--my smile lines have never been so crisp!

Thanks everyone for ur help, as always its appreciated :hug:

Thanks for the link to the page, a very clear tutorial...look so easy when some one else does it dont you think??! Thats really helpful.

Geeg, thanks for the advice, I think it wouldnt do any harm to try a sample pack and see how I get on, I dont mind investing in a system if it gets the results for my client and myself, that can only be a good thing. I have been thinking about it for a while.

xxx

Rebalances were very challanging for me as well but the more I did the them the faster and better I got and now they are breezy, so Im sure you'll get better the more you do it;)

Definatly try CND as well. You wont regret it!:D

Hey Geeks

I have no probs at all with new sets and when my clients come back after 2 weeks there are no lifting issues and everythings A ok.

Infilling is no prob but it`s rebalancing that I feel lets me down as a nail tech as I so want the nails to look as good as if I had applied a new set. My enhancements are not too thick so in therory rebalancing the white should be simple. I know what I`m doing but it just seems to take so long and I always seem to end up with shadowing/yellow tinge on the white no matter how much/little product I file away. I just cant seem to get it right.

My business has really taken off after a year of hard work and my reputation is great (so far) so I have alot of infill/backfill appointments which take me around an hour and a half if white s involved where as I can do a new set in an hour, my clients love my new sets but although no one has complained I dont feel my rebalancing is up to scratch in my opinion.

I booked a one to one and it didnt help, how do you guys get on rebalancing?? Do u find it quick and easy?? or is it just me having probs??

xxxxx

In the beginning I would never have believed that now I'd be saying I actually PREFER rebalancing to performing a new set! Now most of my clients haven't soaked off in about 8 years, and their nails are more beautiful now than they have ever been. Forever French clients have their smile lines repositioned every time so they are never walking around with nails that look like they need done. But it wasn't like that to start with, I used to talk my clients into colour so I wouldn't have to re-do the white I dreaded. For a lot of professionals, Rebalancing is one of the last skills to master.
Using a product designed with maintenance in mind is half the battle. I'm sorry to hear you had further education that didn't help :( Wasting time and money is never a good thing. Give us a call at The Fingertips Centre if you would like info on CND products and training in Scotland, or come along to our Open Day on Sunday the 16th of May for more info.
Good luck!

Latest posts

Back