Ruby Ritz question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little comparison...

Left to right:
Colour pop of 2012 Ruby Ritz 2x coats and TC - painted on day I received RR in 2012.

Colour pop of 2013 RR 2x coats and TC - painted last week as soon as received from S2

Colour pop of 2013 RR but one coat only on top of Wildfire and TC

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384212506.387228.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed on the "what nails are you sporting today?" Thread that the new pics of ruby ritz were definitely not as glittery as last year. Such a shame.

A little experiment...

Left to right:
Colour pop of 2012 Ruby Ritz 2x coats and TC - painted on day I received RR in 2012.

Colour pop of 2013 RR 2x coats and TC - painted last week as soon as received from S2

Judge for yourselves..

View attachment 47671
The glitter 'pops' on the first one :) the others look flat :(

It's still nice but is nowhere near as glittery or has the same rich colour as last year. All the girls I work with also picked up on this. It's much more subtle

Hi so I purchased Ruby Ritz yesterday, I applied 2 coats - but in areas it's still a bit light. Should I have applied 1 coat of wildfire and then 2 of ruby ritz over the
top? Thanks x

Hi so I purchased Ruby Ritz yesterday, I applied 2 coats - but in areas it's still a bit light. Should I have applied 1 coat of wildfire and then 2 of ruby ritz over the
top? Thanks x

As it's obviously not as glittery as last year I'm presuming you won't get the coverage with ruby ritz on its own. Perhaps I'm cynical but maybe that's why they only sell it in a duo with wildfire. I would try 1 coat of wildfire and 1 of ruby ritz then if coverage is still patchy try a 2nd coat of ruby ritz.

yes i always layer it over a red to give it the depth, wildfire obvious choice with it coming in the duo pack with it, but i personnal love it over red baroness xxx

A little comparison...

Left to right:

View attachment 47671

Last years is waaaaayyyy more glittery!

I have to say, that I didn't order this last year and was sad that I missed out and so ordered this year.

I did my nails yesterday and had to apply 3 coats just to get a deep, full coverage and I have to say that I'm not totally blown away...I think Wildfire with red glitter embedded looks much more effective x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384359589.486954.jpg
This is this years one with one coat of wildfire. I LOVE it and already have a few bookings for Christmas. But then I didn't use shellac last year so don't have anything to compare it too 😉

Sarah xx

View attachment 47815
This is this years one with one coat of wildfire. I LOVE it and already have a few bookings for Christmas. But then I didn't use shellac last year so don't have anything to compare it too 😉

Sarah xx

Doesn't look very glittery though does it. I think red Rockstar will be better for those who want sparkle.

Irresistible red glitter is fab and gives the same effect and sparkle as last year's ruby ritz. Quite glad I haven't brought this years.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I just used mine over random colours and think I nearly passed out at how beautiful they turned out. Water Park & RR, Hotski & RR. I die!

Will take some pictures tomorrow when I have daylight as the ones I took don't do it justice x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

First time I have used ruby ritz. Bought it from seeing on here last year. I wasn't going to buy it and am now a bit disappointed that I have as I already have a full bottle of wildfire.:(. It's so flat,hardly sparkly at all. Would give it back if I could! X

First time I have used ruby ritz. Bought it from seeing on here last year. I wasn't going to buy it and am now a bit disappointed that I have as I already have a full bottle of wildfire.:(. It's so flat,hardly sparkly at all. Would give it back if I could! X

Maybe you could phone sweet squared and tell them you're not happy. They only need to look at the comparison photos on here to see its nowhere near as sparkly as last year. Maybe worth a try?

Please let me make some important points here.

There is nothing faulty with Ruby Ritz or the product. It is working and applying fine. If you feel that the colour is not as 'glittery' then this is a CND direct referral and issue.

Everyone asked us to bring it back. We listened to you and we did and we had CND specifically remake it for our markets.

If it doesn't look the same then I will find out who to contact at CND direct and pass this link along, but this is personal opinion right now and a colour issue not a faulty product issue.

I am not saying that anyone is right or wrong, but S2 is not responsible for CND colour mixes. Hope this clarifies.

Doesn't look very glittery though does it. I think red Rockstar will be better for those who want sparkle.

I think it looks really glittery! The picture does it no justice but I think its beautiful :)

Sarah xx

This is RR over Rock Royalty - beautiful. I didn't have it last year but have found it gorgeous.ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384441831.760797.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384443486.443566.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384443505.548279.jpg

Some lovely RR combinations, hope you can make out my terrible writing! Have yet to write what the last few are as I only did them !

Latest posts

Back