Ruby Ritz question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerri-louise

Reaction score
Is it just me or is ruby ritz no where as glittery as last year?

Oh no please don't say it isn't. I did mine yesterday with a layer of RR over wildfire and I was thinking exactly the same thing but I put it down to me rushing to get them done with a new baby and 3yr old ☺

The first coat used to be so glittery but now you can hardly see it!!! So annoyed I stacked up with it now lol

Mmm I have a new bottle from last years stock and have just ordered the new duo. Will have to compare and see.:|

Take an orange wood stick and run it around the inside of the bottle. Really rub it around in there as sometimes the glitter sets at the bottom. Re cap and shake the dickens out of it. Helps if you have a bottle that hasn't been used for awhile, too

Are you shaking the bottles enough before application?

Tried everything defo not as glittery as last year, the first coat was sparkly you can hardly see the sparkles at all

Yes I'm really disappointed and my clients who love this colour are really going to see the difference from last year..... Used it today not a happy bunny 😞

I haven't used the new one yet, so just grabbed 2 pops and painted one coat on each. Holding in front of the laptop screen it does look like the glitter count is slightly lower in the new bottle (left pop), but although noticeable to us geeks, I don't think clients would necessarily see the difference?
Why have they changed it???

11t4k6q.jpg

25icac2.jpg

Last years bottle has probably lost some of its solvents due to use so it appears thicker with more glitter , most shellac colours go this way. I see no difference in it :)

mines defo less glittery!!! could cry!!!

The nature of any polish that contains glitter is that every second the lid is off the bottle the ratio of liquid to glitter is changing, i.e, it becomes MORE glittery with every use as the solvents evaporate. I went through many bottles of Ruby Ritz last year and this was true from bottle to bottle, every time I opened a new one it seemed 'less glittery', because it was! There was more liquid in the bottle when it was first opened. Once the bottle was about half way it was more glittery and the last manicure from the bottle was the glitziest of all!

Honestly, I am not trying to call you ladies liars, and please if you genuinely feel you have a faulty product you must contact S2 or the distributor partner you bought it from.

Every bottle of Ruby Ritz I have used so far this year has been exactly the same as last year, more liquid at first, a higher ratio of glitter use by use.

This is the nature of glittery polish. Every polish containing glitter that I have owned in the last 15 years has been like this.

oh i think i must definatly have a faulty bottle then, as i bought 2 bottles last year which were both amazing from the very first time i used them. this years doesnt come anywhere close, and thats with 2 layers of it over wildfire, last year i was only using 1! i will contact ellisons first thing monday morning.

This post has got me thinking now. I'm new to shellac an done research on ruby ritz an in the pics it's looks so glittery had a play today with it an tbh I'm not really that blown away. It's nice don't get me wrong just looks like a less sparkly version of high voltage from gelish. X

I noticed straight away that this years bottle is nowhere near as nice as last years. The first layer went on sort of matt and grainy looking and the second layer just didn't have the depth of last years. I thought maybe I hadn't shook it enough so gave it a really long shake but this made no difference. Disappointed :(

Hmmm might hold off purchasing this then. X

It looks more like a tint than last year and no where near as glittery really disappointed x

Yeah I thought maybe the older the bottle got the more glittery it would get, but I remember last year putting the first coat on & thinking it was like sooo glittery even with a new bottle it's just not the same!!

I have a brand new bottle from last year... I will do a comparison with this years brand new bottle x

I opened a new bottle on Friday to see if I could see a difference and have to say I think it's just as glittery and so did my client, she has worn Ruby Ritz every 2 weeks for almost a year so if she thinks its just as glittery I will take her expert word for it :lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back