Ruby Wing colour changing polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twid

Reaction score
Has anyone else tried this polish? I bought some from S2 a couple of months ago and tried it out on a friend last weekend. It doesn't change colour! not at all, not even a little bit, NOTHING!!!

I got the pale baby blue, luckily she's loves the colour and it wears really well, but we thought it would go purple. It says on the top of the bottle blue = inside and purple = outside (whatever that means).

We've tried everything imaginable to get it to change but it just won't do anything.

Has anyone else used it? if so have you had any success in getting it to change and what do I need to go?

Karaxxx

Does it react with UV light? maybe that's why it says outside? :S Is that a thing? x

Does it react with UV light? maybe that's why it says outside? :S Is that a thing? x

I know that's what we thought but no it doesn't work either!

Karaxxx

I had a similar problem, I got the pink/purple one and the glittery one. I couldn't see any difference until I did shellac on the client at her next appointment.....despite removing the polish with acetone, doing full PREP, and Scrubfresh, when her fingers came out of the lamp they had this weird purple patchy thing going on! I was very confused, especially as by the time I'd prepared at long free wipe with Disperse the colour had gone :irked:

It was only when I did the second hands and actually watched the purple patches disappear I realised it was fine traces of the ruby ring polish left on reacting under the UV lamp :lol:

I think it doesn't work to well in our UK sunlight, but under intense UV light it's a massive change

Oh how interesting Trinity so all I need to do now is move to a very sunny country in order for it to work lol

Don't think I'll get any more and am glad I only bought 1 to try.

Karaxxx

Oh how interesting Trinity so all I need to do now is move to a very sunny country in order for it to work lol

Don't think I'll get any more and am glad I only bought 1 to try.

Karaxxx

My client said she could show a difference by keeping one hand in her pocket when going outside then comparing the two. I never got round to trying it, I was to impatient and wanted to see the actual change :lol:

We've cracked it!! You're right Trinity its UV activated, my friend stood in the bright sunlight this morning and it changed colour.

Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back