Rude client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhgiorgi

Reaction score
A lady came into the salon last week while I was at the desk and asked who was the best stylist. This always gets my back up and I would never say who was best even if I think it. I said that two of us, one of them me had the most experience in the salon, so it depends on price. My cut/blow is £44 and the other is £42. She said I'll have you and see if your worth it. Gulp.
I decided to ask a bit about her hair and what she had in mind. She said "your the expert, you tell me what I should have". "You must have some likes and dislikes" I said, "perhaps find some pictures". She said "your the expert I'll leave it to you and if I don't like it I'll shoot you". I guess she thought she was being funny though she said it with a straight face.
Wish me luck for Wednesday. LOL :irked:

How rude! Iv never had a client say that to me but I would probably tell them to do one! Lol (joking, ill prob be well nervous!) Good luck, let us know how it goes x

gosh I hate ppl like that good luck id be havin palpitations! If she doesnt like it then its her ownfault for not givin u any idea what she does or doesnt like ! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Shave it all off and say 'There you go, suits you perfectly.' Hehe :evil:

I had one of those many years ago, she said you are the hairdresser you should know what I want, I was working for someone at the time but I still can't mince my words all the girl where in the back peeing them selfs trying not to laugh out loud, I told her I don't know you, I know nothing about you so unless im I am a mind reader how am I supposed to know what you want or like I could do what I want but I don't think you will like it so please give me some kind of idea what you want before I get my clippers out :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Have had that sort of thing said to me in the past , just stay assertive in a professional way don't let her see your flapping on the inside , easier said than dun I know cuz you feel like saying get lost I don't wanna do your hair lol :)

I think I've had exactly the same thing said to me once.. But it was more aggressive and mean!! With oh you think I'm joking! Where the hell the public get off being mean to us, I have no idea :(

I usually laugh and say people that say 'do whatever you want' never mean it! It just means theyve had a hard time finding a style that works. Because when I ask them if they want certain things they say no way I dont like that!

I'd start by suggesting the jessy j look and watch her eyes grow, then start laughing and say but it would suit you, there are numerous styles that suit your face shape and with that a number of them you won't like, even though it would be perfect on you, so you need to give me some guidance even if its what you have hated in the past, if I do what I like and you don't like it, it will still be £44 as I have still done as instructed, you just might not like it. And I take too much pride in my work and would hate for you to dislike it .

It takes about 3 visits to start getting to know someone thats when you can come up with shall we try this as you have started to build a relationship based on trust, likes and dislikes.

Or in general convo start suggesting celebs hair like Beyoncé and a few that have recently changed and see what she says lol

I'd start by suggesting the jessy j look and watch her eyes grow, then start laughing and say but it would suit you, there are numerous styles that suit your face shape and with that a number of them you won't like, even though it would be perfect on you, so you need to give me some guidance even if its what you have hated in the past, if I do what I like and you don't like it, it will still be £44 as I have still done as instructed, you just might not like it. And I take too much pride in my work and would hate for you to dislike it .

It takes about 3 visits to start getting to know someone thats when you can come up with shall we try this as you have started to build a relationship based on trust, likes and dislikes.

Or in general convo start suggesting celebs hair like Beyoncé and a few that have recently changed and see what she says lol

Good advice.

Did the ladies hair today and she was actually very pleasant and we had a good chat. I don't think she has much of a sense of humour though because she told me she'd been to the cinema to see Liberace. I said I'd seen clips and I thought it was funny. She said it was very good but not funny. lol. Anyway I'm useless at retail but she bought shampoo, conditioner and a styling product and wanted to put a £20 tip on the card but I'm not allowed to do that so she gave me £10 and said she will be back after Xmas. :wink2:

See :) you never know. I hate when things like this happen makes me feel sicky the night before :(

working with the public can be a nightmare in any job but sounds like she was pretty nice fair play for taking her on i think id have pushed her for more of an idea what she wanted using celebrity hair styles to start with before i'd have agreed to do her hair.

Shave it shave it shave it

Did the ladies hair today and she was actually very pleasant and we had a good chat. I don't think she has much of a sense of humour though because she told me she'd been to the cinema to see Liberace. I said I'd seen clips and I thought it was funny. She said it was very good but not funny. lol. Anyway I'm useless at retail but she bought shampoo, conditioner and a styling product and wanted to put a £20 tip on the card but I'm not allowed to do that so she gave me £10 and said she will be back after Xmas. :wink2:

And did you do what YOU wanted as instructed? Or did she eventually tell you at least what she didn't want .. Or even better, what she did actually want ?xx

Latest posts

Back