Runner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nivoga

Reaction score
Had a girl in yesterday for full head of hilights when she came to till to pay she said she forgot her card and would be back in 10 mins and ...... Yes never came back :-( what do u do ????

Do you have any of her details? I'm not sure if there's is anything you can do without hard proof.. maybe someone can advise differently? That was so ****ty of her though.. I mean who does that?! At least you will never let something like this happen again, if someone has 'forgot' their card ask them to leave something valuable until they return or ask at the beginning if they need to nip to the cashline x

Take her name and address details from her client record card and inform the Police

Michelle x

Take her name and address details from her client record card and inform the Police

Michelle x

I doubt the police will help, they will say it's a civil matter and you need a solicitor. Phone a solicitors office and they will advise for free over the phone. I've done just that in a very similar case and they were really helpful :cool:

I doubt the police will help, they will say it's a civil matter and you need a solicitor. Phone a solicitors office and they will advise for free over the phone. I've done just that in a very similar case and they were really helpful :cool:

I would still inform the Police and get a crime ref number, the client has run away without paying so it's classed as theft.

Michelle x

Unfortunately I doubt that she would of put her real name and address down if she was going to do a runner x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would still inform the Police and get a crime ref number, the client has run away without paying so it's classed as theft.

So would I, after all she maybe a serial "runner" enough people complain she will be caught, sometimes it's easier to do nothing, but they get away with it then :-(

I know it's too late now but what we do is to keep hold of something, phone or wallet. It has happened a few times and they came back. But one time this girl came in, had half set of lashes vac when she was going to pay she said she forgot her card in the car. We asked for something to hold, didn't have anything on her so she offered to leave her engagement ring,she begged us to look after it as it was very precious to her.
We still have the ring in our till, 2 years later, I've checked it with a jeweller, it's worth nothing.
July x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Next time, take their photo with your phone as well as something valuable for safekeeping.

At least you can show it to other local salons in your area in the hope of catching the thief.

Latest posts

Back