Runny nose

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelle6483

Reaction score
Hi geeks.

Every time I have a busy day doing acrylic nails I get a runny nose and tight chest at night time. Does anyone else get this? Should I be worried?

I get it when I use tips. I have an inhaler and allergy medicine. I was worried at first and mostly only sculpt now because of it. Mine got bad for a whole when I was training and blending tips often and I was very wheezy and uncomfortable but it didn't progress into anything serious. I would suggest seeing a doctor and asking about it to be sure. I would say though that, like myself, you might have an allergy. (That is obviously ruling out a cold/flu).

While* sorry. Relying from my phone or else I would edit.

Hi there, I have to agree with shannonU on this one.

First off when i was doing acrylics i would also get these insane migraine headaches & found out it was from the fumes of the liquid (when I did l&p) After I stopped & went onto doing the dip routine I kept on feeling this odd sandy sensation in the back of my throat.

I had loads of ventilation but was still inhaling a lot of dust while filing. I decided to quit the whole acrylic business then a year after that I did my gel course & never went back to it.

One thing I would like to ask you, do you wear a mask over your nose & mouth?
After finding out the combination of my allergies(hay fever) and dust were causing all of my symptoms I decided to get one of those cute white masks like the ones the men use over nose & mouth when they are building or drilling & such. It really made a difference for me.

Who knows might be worth looking into! :rolleyes:

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Nsi also do masks in pink

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

Oh my god I was going to make a topic on this...!
I always get a runny nose!. More when i do acrylics, but lately its happening when i do any nails and im looking down.
It's so embarrassing when i have to say excuse me I'm just going to blow my nose lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I always get a runny nose while doing nails. I have been doing nails for 15 years and it has always happened. I hate having to excuse myself to wipe my nose. I am considering using a mask to cut down on inhaling the dust while using electric file on acrylics.

I suffer from hay fever and have been sniffly through all my treatments! It's very embarrassing like you say to have to stop and blow nose.
But filing nails makes it 10 times worse so I think I may try one of these masks too!
I have to really dose up on medication, not ideal :(

This happens with me too. I have a runny nose during most treatments I do and if it's cold it's terrible

I get a runny nose whenever I break out the monomer, but I dont think its anything to do with products. Its to do with your positioning, when you get to that part of the service you're leaning forward with head down concentrating on what you're doing, and having your head forward makes your nose run. Try improving your working position, not only will your nose stop running, your posture will be better and your back will be grateful for it in the long run

Thanks for replies. I think if I wear a mask that might put people off from having nails done. X

I have the same issues. Maskes are a life saver!

I'm the same too. Been doing nails for 13 years and in the last 5 years I get a runny nose when filing off acrylic. Always going to start using a mask, but never actually do. I will from today

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Omg!, I have the same, allergies to all dust particles (pollen) etc, also I am on meds. When I was in school I had an asthma like attack at night, that day I was working on nail wraps :(, I remember smelling the activator and feeling something in the back of my throat too. I tried now to use double mask and all the help I can (dust extractor). I don't want to give up doing nails it's what makes me happy :(.

Latest posts

Back